+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your expectations for next season?

No argument with your opinion Tsanho. Just dont want to have any pre-season pressure on them. Think the IB/Reedtz, harmony is key, he needs to say what he needs from a player style perspective, and they need to combine that with their formula. If that works we have a great chance.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    We've had summer signings that have excited in the past, big names (Vaughan), exciting signings (Enzio/Dennis) and it guarantees nothing.

2009 was the last time we nailed it signings the best players and player of the season type players from clubs in the same division.
    My point is that we need to nail the recruitment of 3 top performing first-teamers to achieve what everyone wants (one of the top 2 teams in the league). Otherwise, we're guaranteed to be just another team in the pack and at best relying on the slim chances of the play-offs.

Was anyone impressed by Vaughan's signing btw? I certainly wasn't. Also Dennis...his team had just been relegated.

AC I totally agree. Getting 3 key signings who are top performers right is *****, imperative

I can answer your question, yes loads got excited and rightly so. Not long before he was a Welsh international and arrived from playing regularly for a Championship club. It was hard not to have excitement.

Dennis I had mixed feelings on , although he scored lots for that relegated side.

AC I totally agree. Getting 3 key signings who are top performers right is *****, imperative

I can answer your question, yes loads got excited and rightly so. Not long before he was a Welsh international and arrived from playing regularly for a Championship club. It was hard not to have excitement.

Dennis I had mixed feelings on , although he scored lots for that relegated side.
    Yeah that's right, we have 1 star performer and other very solid players for the level (Wootton, Slocombe, Lacey, Reeves) a couple capable of much more (Brindley, Sam(?)) and others who won't let us down...

but the squad that's left needs lifting and not weighing down (they're not good enough to carry any slightly sub-standard players). That's why the question is unanswerable at the minute. We'll get an idea from the profiles of the new players, but won't know how it's clicking til about 6 games in.

This summer is crucial, it's harder to find solutions mid-season on the fly from loans, if you're wanting to be 1 of the 2 out of 23.
    You can bet that two of the contending teams will get it right in terms of recruitment and pre-season preps, so we have to be one of them if we want to compete right at the top.

As always with the NL, all calculations are filtered through this really tough 2 up out of 24 promotion opportunity. We'd have been promoted each of the last 2 seasons if it was 3 or 4 up and then we'd be having a very different kind of chat on here (less desperate).

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Shouldn’t you be concentrating on Solihull?
    Why would I do that im a county supporter. I assume your sarcastic post is because you fear the point im making?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    What the gaffer did in the space of a few months with players that were vastly underperforming before he came in, without our best player, and not signing any players of his own, I am encouraged for next seasons efforts.

With a full pre season, and a new midfield being put together, I see no reason (as long as recruitment goes well) that we can’t challenge for the title. Money can buy you players but a manager who can improve players and improve a team is far more important.

Minimum - Top three
    Expected - I think we’ll win the damn thing!
    Goal - See above!
    We conceded 6 goals in 2 play off games….
    Get real as most on here want to carry on with the much the same!!!

Kelton are you happy we will score enough goals next season? Especially if we bring another genuine striker in who's impressive?

Defensively we need to improve collectively for sure but personally I'm very confident that an IB team won't struggle to score goals.

Also ***** if you are serious about promotion. Thoughts?

Kelton are you happy we will score enough goals next season? Especially if we bring another genuine striker in who's impressive?

Defensively we need to improve collectively for sure but personally I'm very confident that an IB team won't struggle to score goals.

Also ***** if you are serious about promotion. Thoughts?
    My concerns arent about scoring them they are about conceding them!!
    If we play a 3 the centre of the 3 has to be a head in a stick and a leader. The two either side of him have to be able to leg it and head it. They will get turned and need to be able to deal with that. Rawlo cudnt do it last season and wont next and he isnt dominant enough in the air to play in the centre of the 3 neither is Lacey. Unless we find that centre back to play in the middle of the 3 we will struggle to deal with crosses. So what is Rawlinson going to do? Lacey will play on the right so where is Rawlinson going play??

The consensus seems to be that IB will go back to a four.

Kelton's posts would have made a lot more sense in the 2 points per win era when keeping a clean sheet would guarantee you at least 50% of what you'd get for a win. In the last season of 2 for a win, if we'd drawn every single game that season, we'd have finished 10th. I think that's where the old adage of - sort your defense out first and everything else falls into place from there - was born out of that old system, but it no longer applies, especially if you're looking to go up. Averaging one point a game today can get you relegated.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast