+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your expectations for next season?

What are your expectations for next season?

What are your minimum expectations for the club to achieve next season, what do you think we are likely to get, and what's goal do you think we should aim for?

Mine are as follows:

Minimum: Firmly in the playoffs, with a playoff spot never in doubt. I also expect, at a minimum, that the players TRY to win every match, even when we're two or three goals down. I love the way they've been playing "never say die" of late and want to see that continue.

Expected: We'll probably come second or third with a chance of promotion through playoffs

Goal: I think we should aim for automatic promotion but I suspect this will be a big ask

I know a lot of people will want to put "Promoted" as their expectation... I don't think there is any way to guarantee promotion in any given season, even if you are the best team with the best manager. Too much randomness in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    What are your minimum expectations for the club to achieve next season, what do you think we are likely to get, and what's goal do you think we should aim for?

Mine are as follows:

Minimum: Firmly in the playoffs, with a playoff spot never in doubt. I also expect, at a minimum, that the players TRY to win every match, even when we're two or three goals down. I love the way they've been playing "never say die" of late and want to see that continue.

Expected: We'll probably come second or third with a chance of promotion through playoffs

Goal: I think we should aim for automatic promotion but I suspect this will be a big ask

I know a lot of people will want to put "Promoted" as their expectation... I don't think there is any way to guarantee promotion in any given season, even if you are the best team with the best manager. Too much randomness in football.

Minimum: Top 3.

Expected: Champions.

Goal: 8ft X 8yds.

I expect us to win the Northern section of the mini tournament that replaces the league after it has been curtailed. Then be denied promotion because the bottom two of the EFL will have a sound case that the NL can no longer guarantee anything.

Either that or 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I expect us to win the Northern section of the mini tournament that replaces the league after it has been curtailed. Then be denied promotion because the bottom two of the EFL will have a sound case that the NL can no longer guarantee anything.

Either that or 3rd.
    Why would the league be curtailed next season? Won’t most people in the UK be vaccinated by the time winter arrives?

I expect us to get the recruitment right and together with the players we already have to finish champions with a minimum of 2nd or 3rd spot to give us a home semi final.

Ps the players we have is a very good nucleus to build on

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Why would the league be curtailed next season? Won’t most people in the UK be vaccinated by the time winter arrives?
    If they can extend restrictions when death rates are at their lowest since records began with all vulnerable vaccinated and everybody else at next to zero risk, anything is possible. They were advertising for Covid martials to start in July months ago, there's talk of a 3rd wave, yet more "new and even more dangerous" variants and top up jabs being needed.

Until it's over I don't believe anything this government says anymore.
    "Three weeks to flatten the curve".... 15 months later.... "We just need another four weeks."

If they do end restrictions, we've now got a huge number of brainwashed hypochondriacs who will be demanding we lock down again at the first sign of people getting ill with whatever this winter inevitably brings.

I'll be amazed if there's no disruption next season and if there is, it's pretty much a given that much of football, especially lower down, will panic and overreact.

Promotion, don't care how, just expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Promotion, don't care how, just expect it.
    This. Never easy with only 2 places but have to a great chance if recruitment is better than our expected rivals.

Minimum - top 3
    Expected - 4th or 5th followed by failure in the playoffs
    Goal - can only be promotion

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast