+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else quite enjoying the National League?

I am much happier just a shame we did not have a new manger 2 years ago, but as you say we have now

I am much more optimistic about this season,and i think many fans are, looking forward to IB bringing his own players in, and adopting them to his style of play

In terms of pure entertainment value, it’s miles ahead of League Two. Presumably because there’s only one automatic promotion spot so teams who want to go up have to go for the win more regularly (as we’ve now worked out..) and there isn’t a third of the league absolutely terrified of going down so shutting up shop every week.

Obviously want us to get promoted as soon as possible, though.

When we were in League 1 their were some saying that was an awful League. Then we dropped in to League 2 and that was an awful League. Now we are in the NL, that is now an awful League. Maybe it’s us that are awful?
    I would obviously love to see Notts much higher up the football pyramid but we are where we deserve to be.
    Some cling on to the hope that we are some massive club that has some divine right to be higher and belittle clubs in the same division. We have a nice stadium. We have a decent support base. We have a long history that is filled with a lot of nothingness. The fact that we were known as the oldest league team in the world and that is our only accomplishment says it all for me.
    Am I enjoying the National League? It’s OK. The football isn’t as turgid as some would have us believe. It’s not got premaddonas rolling round at every opportunity. I hope next season we get promoted and we start to rise up through the Leagues. I hope we appreciate even the lower echelons of the EFL and don’t get above our station.

Video of Torquay's last gasp equaliser in the play off final scored by the goalkeeper to force extra time.....

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/...28130027196430

Agreed Davy, and i spelt your name right this time

For me becoming a Notts Supporter in the 80,s i saw our natural level between L1 and top flight, until mid to late 90,s i always saw us being capable as a championship level club, the stadium and support would have backed that
    Since then maybe due to chairman with limited funds, and most of the money being filtered into the top 2 leagues, Notts have gradually sunk lower , not a criticism or blame to newer generation supporters, it just that they expect less because they have never known notts at higher levels.
    i suppose now days you could say Notts level is between National league and league 1 , without very wealthy owners notts days in the top 2 tiers is over

80's, so your one of the NCFC Newbies. I am mid level, first match Notts 1 Exeter 1 May 1st 1971. My brother go a small piece of turf from that match that was replanted ina corner of my parents lawn..... Happy days

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    80's, so your one of the NCFC Newbies. I am mid level, first match Notts 1 Exeter 1 May 1st 1971. My brother go a small piece of turf from that match that was replanted ina corner of my parents lawn..... Happy days
    Very good

We have seen them in the top flight, respect to the newer fans who have only seen us progressively struggling more and more in the lower levels (except for the Munto season/false dawn).

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Mixed feelings really. I find it hard to find us playing at this level, but it’s still had a lot of positives. A goal or a win is celebrated just as much as it ever was, and the fans down here are far better than the plastic Premiership fans.
    Totally understand that. When we went bankrupt and had to sell all our senior pros we had to put out the under 18s in L1. They got battered 5 nil every week - but I don't think the fans were ever more united behind the team than when those kids were wearing the shirt. When they finally managed a 0 - 0 draw against Coventry the place went ballistic.
    Further relegation inevitably followed but at least we survived L2 and TBH most Bolton fans are just grateful we still exist - even though some idiots expect us to play at a higher level.
    Enjoy your team no matter what level you're playing at - it could always be worse.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast