+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Is anyone else quite enjoying the National League?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    You didn't like Ardley much then?

(By the way, I'll bite, our owners' name is Reedtz)
    He only mentions him on every post why would you think that Swale?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    You didn't like Ardley much then?

(By the way, I'll bite, our owners' name is Reedtz)
    For such a nice, fairly anodyne sort of character, Ardders does provoke some strong emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Well the reedz brothers do not say anything at all on social media,
    Yes, as I said, a huge upgrade on Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    also we do not no how much financial clout the owners have, they may or may not have deeper pockets than trew or hardy.
    It looks at present that their dismissals are better than Hardy, not difficult as almost any manager would be an upgrade on Ardley
    Trew did achieve Notts playing near the top of L1, and Hardy near the top of L2
    As for the better recruitment of players, i must have missed that one, because most of them have been average, either that or they have not played as a unit. Either way they were not good enough to get us promoted
    Hardy got us relegated in a three-manager-a-year weiners-out festival of football ownership incompetence. Were you asleep? Or do you seriously see Ardley as the sole architect of that mess still?

The Reedtz brothers have had us in the playoffs two seasons running, and as I've said I believe the level play needed to do that is higher than relegation-quality L2 football that Hardy delivered.

So yeah, performances are better. Yes, recruitment is better despite being in a lower league. We've got a number of players now who I think would carve L2 up... Rodriguez and Roberts being standout examples IMO. The team we finished this season with would have absolutely trounced the team we were relegated with, even if Ardley were managing both

Unless you are Hardy, I don't understand the plane of reality you live on. Hardy good but Ardley bad? Hardy hired him, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Yes, as I said, a huge upgrade on Hardy.

Hardy got us relegated in a three-manager-a-year weiners-out festival of football ownership incompetence. Were you asleep? Or do you seriously see Ardley as the sole architect of that mess still?

The Reedtz brothers have had us in the playoffs two seasons running, and as I've said I believe the level play needed to do that is higher than relegation-quality L2 football that Hardy delivered.

So yeah, performances are better. Yes, recruitment is better despite being in a lower league. We've got a number of players now who I think would carve L2 up... Rodriguez and Roberts being standout examples IMO. The team we finished this season with would have absolutely trounced the team we were relegated with, even if Ardley were managing both

Unless you are Hardy, I don't understand the plane of reality you live on. Hardy good but Ardley bad? Hardy hired him, man.
    As the manager for 28 games, NA was responsible for taking us down and failing to get us straight back up when we ahd the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    As the manager for 28 games, NA was responsible for taking us down and failing to get us straight back up when we ahd the opportunity.
    For the relegation: Responsible? Definitely. Primarily responsible? Arguably. Solely responsible? Ridiculous.

For not getting us promoted: That whole line of discussion is silly. Nobody can guarantee promotion, ever. Getting us into the playoffs two years running is a good result. Doing it in any higher league, I would see as a huge positive.

Still, what is the relevance of this discussion to this thread?

It's a no from me. Didn't like Leagues 1 or 2 either. I wish Notts could be a Championship side but I don't think I will see it in my lifetime.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678