+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else quite enjoying the National League?

It’s League 3 in all but name

Can’t quite work out how the EFL justify promoting 4 out of the top of League 2 and only relegating 2 but obviously I’m biased.

Agreed BFP, think it is a bottleneck for better more advanced teams getting to the major leagues

Realistically it should be 3 up 3 down in every division.

Agree, but remember when it was a vote for the lowest team being replaced by the best non league team. So we have some progress

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Realistically it should be 3 up 3 down in every division.
    If restrictions and lockdowns persist, talk of restructuring will no doubt come up again and very probably gain more traction next time around with financial realities beginning to bite. There was talk of a League Two North and South last year. If you reduced all divisions to 20, that would mean the EFL only needing to take in an extra 8 clubs - some of which could be from Scotland if everybody could agree to it.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If restrictions and lockdowns persist, talk of restructuring will no doubt come up again and very probably gain more traction next time around with financial realities beginning to bite. There was talk of a League Two North and South last year. If you reduced all divisions to 20, that would mean the EFL only needing to take in an extra 8 clubs - some of which could be from Scotland if everybody could agree to it.
    The old Divisions League 3 North and South didn't work, hence Divisions 3 and 4 bring created.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    The old Divisions League 3 North and South didn't work, hence Divisions 3 and 4 bring created.
    It's dependant on travel costs and gates. They couldn't have made the 3rd tier national in the 1930s because of the depression, which saw several clubs go under or quit the FL.

I'm no fan of regional leagues, a North and South would usually be of no benefit to Notts whatsoever as we'd miss out on local trips either north or south of us and it would also mean halving the promotion places. There's always enough clubs who would benefit from it however who will push for it if finances become an issue, which is a strong possibility if, as many predict, inflation is going to go through the roof in the coming years.

Have a look at the article about Reeves leaving... my answer's in there

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Have a look at the article about Reeves leaving... my answer's in there
    I've read it, and I can't see your name anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I've read it, and I can't see your name anywhere.
    Good player leaving us for a higher division... sums up what I think of this division. It might be entertaining occasionally but it's slowly killing the club.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast