+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T - Wrexham's Potential Rise

O/T - Wrexham's Potential Rise

Whilst I love Notts, I take an interest in other clubs fortunes too.

Stockport's recent wealthy owners, their ground redevelopments, their likely big spending in the summer.

The troubles at Dover, Derby's potential points deduction etc.

I found myself watching a couple of episodes on YouTube by the Wrexham fan Liam Roberts. He is a young lad who does a NottsCountyTalk type show, but on his own.

He doesn't slag off other clubs and gives credit where it's due.

He was talking about the short list for their new manager, Mark Hughes, Darryl McMahon, Keith Hill, Graeme Alexander seem to be the favourites.

They have a pre season trip to the USA which must be a first for a NL club ?

They will play Philadelphia Union "one of the biggest names in the MSL" and Ryan Reynolds may be in attendance.

They have spent a lot on their training facilities and installed LCD advertisement boards at The Racecourse, which he is very excited about.

Appointing Les Read as their DOF is a big coup for the NL.

I will be interested to see the quality of their transfer dealings with probably the biggest player budget.

Heavy financial backing - let's see if it's an instant success, and how long the Hollywood stars hang around for.

Interesting times ahead - but for Notts too.

COYP.

The whole Wrexham thing is simply a TV Project. Once they have filmed their few series the Deadpool persons will sell it. Its franchise football and its nothing more than a joke to me.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The whole Wrexham thing is simply a TV Project. Once they have filmed their few series the Deadpool persons will sell it. Its franchise football and its nothing more than a joke to me.
    Time will tell QP.

They have gone on record as saying they are in it for the long term and have spent money already.

Les Read you say????? Ooooo now that is interesting and slightly worrying. They could have an equivalent to the Munto season and stroll to the title if they make similar highly impressive signings.

Got to keep a watch on who the manager will be and which big names go to North Wales.

How does FFP stand in non league.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    How does FFP stand in non league.
    In simple terms doesn't FFP mean that you can't spend more than you have ?

This is different to a spending/salary cap as I understand it.

Depending on what the new owners want to spend, they have the money.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Les Read you say????? Ooooo now that is interesting and slightly worrying. They could have an equivalent to the Munto season and stroll to the title if they make similar highly impressive signings.

Got to keep a watch on who the manager will be and which big names go to North Wales.
    Les Read is 70 next year and feels like one of those football dinosaurs from an earlier age (a bit like Don Howe). I'm much happier with the route Notts (and Stockport, for that matter) are taking with a young coach with fresh ideas based on attacking principles. Whatever happens next season, I'm sure we're going to be entertained more often than not (especially with the right summer signings).

I share your confidence. This confidence is reinforced whenever I hear the coach speak as he clearly had huge self belief in his coaching abilities. As illustrated again in the latest IB catch up which is well worth a watch, once again it's insightful and honest.

As nw6 says he's young, fresh ideas, and he delivered what he promised in that very first interview in terms of style of play of one of his teams.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Whilst I love Notts, I take an interest in other clubs fortunes too.

Stockport's recent wealthy owners, their ground redevelopments, their likely big spending in the summer.

The troubles at Dover, Derby's potential points deduction etc.

I found myself watching a couple of episodes on YouTube by the Wrexham fan Liam Roberts. He is a young lad who does a NottsCountyTalk type show, but on his own.

He doesn't slag off other clubs and gives credit where it's due.

He was talking about the short list for their new manager, Mark Hughes, Darryl McMahon, Keith Hill, Graeme Alexander seem to be the favourites.

They have a pre season trip to the USA which must be a first for a NL club ?

They will play Philadelphia Union "one of the biggest names in the MSL" and Ryan Reynolds may be in attendance.

They have spent a lot on their training facilities and installed LCD advertisement boards at The Racecourse, which he is very excited about.

Appointing Les Read as their DOF is a big coup for the NL.

I will be interested to see the quality of their transfer dealings with probably the biggest player budget.

Heavy financial backing - let's see if it's an instant success, and how long the Hollywood stars hang around for.

Interesting times ahead - but for Notts too.

COYP.
    I'm worried, anyone who can take that 1st place away from Notts is a problem. Les read great appointment for this level and they will be good next season so not happy really ha ha.