+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How are we enjoying the Euros, whos going to win?

How are we enjoying the Euros, whos going to win?

Slow for me, not the specticle promised, half empty stadiums in most countries puttting a dampener on it but im sure the knock out stages will become more tense and cream will rise once again so you can forget England, Scotland and Wales!
    The one thing for me that is really brassing me off is the play acting, its embarrassing, needs to be stamped out, players being slightly touched and tumbling to the floor holding a part of the body not even touched this, while yelping and banging the turf as, if its their last breath! With VAR being better and refs being more leanient, theres a better standard of refereeing but this diving is just quite simply, Cheating, in nearly all cases, once a decision is made the player jumps up and gets on with the match.
    Who is going to win? I will go for Italy, lets see what they do with the welsh today although both teams only need a point so, it could be quite stale.
    Thoughts...

Gotta say I’m enjoying it loads , don’t think the wife would say the same though 🤣🤣

Can’t believe how crap England was against Scotland and how negative Southgate is and surely are Jacks gonna start on Tuesday ?

Italy have been impressive so far but had they got what it takes ? France impressed against Germany but then had a mare against Hungary and Germany were outstanding last night against Portugal and on that form could well go on and win it..

I honestly think we could if Southgate stops being so negative

I have an interest in it, and I’ve enjoyed the 2 & 5 pm, kick-off times. But I have to admit that I’m a little footballed out at the mo.

Italy and France have impressed me the most. With you Dazzy, I can't believe the negative tactics and selections of Southgate.

Phillips and Rice have done OK in front of the CBs but they're not creative enough apart from Phillips through ball for our one and only goal. I can understand playing them together if we were playing top opposition but against Scotland I'd have swapped one of them out for someone more forward thinking but I imagine Southgate is into two DMs.
    The irony is they'll probably be knackered by the time we come up against a top team.

Strange, Phillips in the first game was awsome, getting forward, shooting etc, its like v Scotland he was told to stay back, if you defend deep, you invite the opposition in to your half. We need to look a threat, the best form of defence is attack!
    Look at Italy today, even though they completely changed the team, they played the same, high tempo, high energy and for 90 minutes!!

I think Germany will do what they always do and get better and better the longer the competion goes on.
    I do wonder if Southgate has got the runners up spot in mind based on the possible opposition in the next stage. Dicey game to play if that's the case

You called it Staffs, I am not confident. Maybe the fact a lot of their players are playing in the prem will not be so daunting? The way Germany approach knock outs with no risk and super defensive Southgate, it has all the signs of a 0-0 and pens.

Agreed Dave, I don't think Safegate will play Jack but instead concentrate on not losing, however that's also a dicey game to play based on our history in penalty shoot outs and he for one should be anxious to avoid it. The Germans will defintely be favourites if it comes down to spot kicks.
    I'd rather we got knocked out after 90 minutes having taken the game to them rather than put through the stress of watching us go out on penalties again. I still have the vivid memory of Andreas Moller copying Gazza's stance after he scored the winning penalty in 96

Germans and penalties brings us all out in a rash I think, Ive enjoyed most of what Ive seen of the competition so far ( with the exception of our games) Italys new plan is good to watch, although Austria showed us they are far from invincible, the romantic in me is enjoying the Danes progress, especially as I live in the welsh borders and wouldnt have heard the last of it if they had progressed further than us (at least that cant happen now even if we lose). It seems to me that Belgium are only firing on 3 cylinders at the moment, if they find the fourth, its theirs to lose. IF big If we beat dem germans, the final is reachable on our side of the draw, dont be a k*** gareth, go for it!!!

I think Safegate will plan for Extra time, maybe thats the plan, brings super Jack on and he scores the winner?✌
    After all the hype both sturgeonland and wales went out with a whimper, lets hope we put up a better show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)