+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers In's & Out's confirmed Reports currently.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    I've already said the goal was to sign players to get us to category A, now we are there, give the club the chance before knocking the recruitment policy... oh the 5 players, realise your not that familiar with U23's, can't remember you commenting on their matchdays last season... tho maybe you got your new found interest in them later when i got sick of your nit picking of club...ROBERTS, POVEDA, STRUIJK, MESLIER, SHACKLETON...Davis, Casey, Cresswell, Huggins, Gotts, Bogusz, Jenkins, Greenwood all made appearances too
    Roberts, a "newcomer"? The others, are you serious or as delusional as usual? Have ANY of those you name figured a=in anything that can be described as "significant", when it comes to 1st team involvement? "Tool"? Me?, look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    I've already said the goal was to sign players to get us to category A, now we are there, give the club the chance before knocking the recruitment policy... oh the 5 players, realise your not that familiar with U23's, can't remember you commenting on their matchdays last season... tho maybe you got your new found interest in them later when i got sick of your nit picking of club...ROBERTS, POVEDA, STRUIJK, MESLIER, SHACKLETON...Davis, Casey, Cresswell, Huggins, Gotts, Bogusz, Jenkins, Greenwood all made appearances too
    BTW, no-one is THAT familiar with the U23s, wonder why?

I watched all but one game last season

After saying what I did about bielsa and what he's done for us, much of what WTF is saying is true, poveda, Shackleton, Roberts are not automatic first team choices, struik and meslier are indeed first choices through the fact that there was no other choice. Players like gelhardt, greenwood etc don't seem able to dislodge Bamford or rodrigo at any given point, or even likely to. So at what point do the under 23s become a feeding ground for the first team rather than a place for people just to regain match fitness. We will never money wise compete with man City, Chelsea etc.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    After saying what I did about bielsa and what he's done for us, much of what WTF is saying is true, poveda, Shackleton, Roberts are not automatic first team choices, struik and meslier are indeed first choices through the fact that there was no other choice. Players like gelhardt, greenwood etc don't seem able to dislodge Bamford or rodrigo at any given point, or even likely to. So at what point do the under 23s become a feeding ground for the first team rather than a place for people just to regain match fitness. We will never money wise compete with man City, Chelsea etc.
    Think there are a number of facets to it.

We started from a low baseline as since Bates onwards the training and youth facilities were not really invested in.

There is a sense of making everything on the football side of the club the best it can be - that will take time in rebuilding up the youth set up.

We have always produced good youngsters going back to the 1980s whether they succeed in breaking through depends on so many variables it is hard to predict.

MB has to balance progressing first team players against progressing u23. We messed up spectacularly in both cups last year and that seemed to be his favoured method of exposing them. I don’t think we will be so meek and callow this year.

The set up looks progressing to loaning out players when ready to get experience and then seeing if they can break into the first team or need to be moved on. Look at Ben White and what Brighton did or what Chelsea did with Mount, James etc.

I have no problem with us trying to recruit the best young players we can and if they win things at that level it breeds confidence and a winning culture.

Not convinced Roberts will ever be a world beater but he did improve with game time at the end of the season.

Poveda needs game time too and when the squad is fully fit there will be about 5 or 6 players to accommodate, keep fit and get game time for.

That means it is getting harder to break through but that also shows the progress we have made as a club.

We need to do better in the cups this year so that the kids can get 1st team exposure but with a blend of more 1st team players.

All good ‘problems’ to have.

No wonder Brighton didn't want to let Ben White come to us. Arsenal just paid 50 million for him! 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    No wonder Brighton didn't want to let Ben White come to us. Arsenal just paid 50 million for him! 🙄
    They should buy MB a case of good Malbec and a few steaks to go with it 😎

I hope he stays fit at that money

The established Premier league clubs like City, Man U and Chelsea loan out about 50 of there youth players every year, all across the globe.

How many of them make it into the 1st team squad when they return. And their youth players are supposedly the cream of the crop?

The yield rate from Academies is very low. If we get 1 or 2 youth players into the 1st team squad per season we are doing fantastically well.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Roberts, a "newcomer"? The others, are you serious or as delusional as usual? Have ANY of those you name figured a=in anything that can be described as "significant", when it comes to 1st team involvement? "Tool"? Me?, look in the mirror.
    Quit with your usual back tracking/deflecting... you asked as you didn't seem to know what 5 players under 21 featured in the first team... and I named them for you and more....

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)