+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential successor to Val

Potential successor to Val

I got this name from a poster on Millersmad when we were debating Val's possible switch to WBA .

So I did a bit of research and to be honest this guy ticks many boxes .

Ole Werner is in his first HC role at German Bundesliga 2 club Holstein Keil , I'd never heard of em either .

Here's the thing , he's taken a very unfashionable provincial club to brink of the German Bundesliga , they unfortunately lost to Cologne in the semi final .

Sounds familiar doesn't it .

At 33 years old this lad could be a real up and coming young coach and I suspect the English Championship would be seen as a step forward for him .

The only thing I'm unsure about is of course the post brexit immigration points legislation .

The link contains a run down on Holstein and a short profile of Werner .

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundes...lay-offs-16011

Its all smoke n mirrors. Vals stayin. Reason im sayin this is no news is good news... an if contract was that good he would have gone by now..... still not uncrossing fingers. Putting the rabbits foot down or smashing mirrors though.

Villi Gerruzupp 33/1

Blessin bless him.

Get the crowd onside Robert John Francis Hassell
    O Bobby Hassell you are the love of my life.............
    Thats assuming his son is ok now not heard news for a while

Well according to the BBC WBA have reached an agreement on compensation for Val and is expected to be confirmed Wednesday!
    One things for sure his replacement will be someone we have never heard of, but someone they can get compensation for when he leaves!
    What worries me are the players he will take with him from us? He will probably have told Mowatt not to sign because he wants him there? Then there is Helik, Andersen and Styles will he try to rob us of 2 or 3 players?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Well according to the BBC WBA have reached an agreement on compensation for Val and is expected to be confirmed Wednesday!
    One things for sure his replacement will be someone we have never heard of, but someone they can get compensation for when he leaves!
    What worries me are the players he will take with him from us? He will probably have told Mowatt not to sign because he wants him there? Then there is Helik, Andersen and Styles will he try to rob us of 2 or 3 players?
    That's a possibility Perky but I think it will also have three or four thinking about their futures at the club irrespective of whether it's WBA .

You'd imagine they may have been tempted to stay another season with Val and give it another go this coming season .

Unfortunately that's not looking likely to happen .

I feel it almost certainly ends the possibility of Mowatt signing a new deal .

Not a great deal we can do unfortunately .

Just hope we can recruit a solid new HC and replace any players leaving effectively .

I think anywhere around half way in the championship next season would be pretty decent personally .

I’m going to take a punt at Ronald Brunmayr at Blau Weib-Linz, he got them promoted as Champions to the Austrian first division for next season, they play in front of 2,000 fans, however the capacity of the stadium is going up to just over 5,000 when work is completed!
    This club were founded in 1997 after the previous incarnation FC Linz had to be dissolved because they merged with Lask Linz, Ismael’s former club! Has a bit of an MK Dons ring to this club?
    However he would be cheap, he is capable of success with limited resources and has links to our European shopping centre for Managers!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I’m going to take a punt at Ronald Brunmayr at Blau Weib-Linz, he got them promoted as Champions to the Austrian first division for next season, they play in front of 2,000 fans, however the capacity of the stadium is going up to just over 5,000 when work is completed!
    This club were founded in 1997 after the previous incarnation FC Linz had to be dissolved because they merged with Lask Linz, Ismael’s former club! Has a bit of an MK Dons ring to this club?
    However he would be cheap, he is capable of success with limited resources and has links to our European shopping centre for Managers!
    Almost impossible to recruit a HC from within the EU Perky post brexit .

To qualify and pass immigration they must have a minimum of two consecutive season's in the top flight of a major European league , Serie A , Bundesliga or La Liga for example .

The next HC will almost certainly be British or a foreign coach already working in the UK .

Going to be an extremely difficult appointment is this with the new regulations .

Haas Evvaguwar ,
    Former player/coach @ FC Bierkella now 16/1 with Steynbet !

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast