+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One for guitar players or music lovers

Yep - fine with the chords but still need the app to follow the order, it is as you say a nice way to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    That track “When the time is right” is a seriously good piece of music and there’s loads of top films where it would fit perfectly.

I’m amazed nobody has ever asked to use it.

I used to play indoor football with people like Clint Mansell from Pop Will Eat Itself, he now writes major film scores in the USA.....surely it’s worth getting stuff like this into the hands of these sorts of people?

Just as an aside, I’ve always loved this off the wall theme from The Sopranos, a track like this is one that might never have seen the light of day but ended up as a cult classic due to being used as a theme tune.

Alabama 3 😎

https://youtu.be/mJpNmYeooQE
    That’s a cool track Mick, I can see why you like it. I do submit tracks to producers, and have had some success with some. After a while you get to see what different producers are looking for, but as you can imagine there is huge competition in this field.

Hi guys looking for some advice.

Been playing around with my grandsons acoustic guitar for a couple of months while he has been busy with school exams but he wants it back now. Therefore looking to buy one for myself as I am really enjoying it and finding it so much easier than the piano!

I am looking at the Fender FA-125 Dreadnought which he tells me is a good starter model. Anyone any other ideas and recommendations? Suggestions greatly appreciated.

First off, I suggested that you get a guitar with a low action, ie strings close to the frets; in that respect a budget electric guitar can be easier to play, eg Squier or Aria. I bought my son an acoustic for a birthday a few years back, an Ibanez Talman, very good value and not too big, somewhat smaller than a dreadnought, and a relatively narrow neck. Ibanez is a good make and I can recommend that model, you get what you pay for. I bought it from a good music shop in Norwich where it was recommended above the entry level Fender, which is probably made in China! Don’t be tempted by a nylon strung classical guitar, much harder to play. Good Luck.

I would also add that a visit to good music shops may be worthwhile as they often have second hand guitars for sale and they can be very good value. I bought my acoustic guitar second hand and saved well over £100 on the new price, the make is Crafter, very pleased with it. Back to the aforementioned Talman, it is electro-acoustic so you can plug it into am amp if you wish.

Thanks a lot Kets.

Never even heard of Talman or Craster so will now take a look. Certainly not against second hand as I would imagine you would get better quality for the same price. About to look up good music shops and arrange a trip out.

Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)