+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Great start to the F1 season.

O/T Great start to the F1 season.

At last there's a challenge this season laid at the Mercedes team door. Brilliant race from Verstappen and the Red Bull team coupled with the poor strategies from McClaren which cost them dearly.

Looks like Hamilton was going to win but it was snatched from his grasp with a 1.5 laps to go.

Whilst I'm on the subject of F1, I see the government have approved (in another experiment) for a crowd no less than
    144,000 to attend the Silverstone Grand Prix before the official lockdown ends.
    They have said though all will be okay because it's spread over 5.5 acres??? The stands will be packed, what are they on about?

I suppose it's another very large cash making venue so they can't say no to the money people, much like Ascot last week that should have seen daily attendances of 4.5k but they allowed in, upwards of 12,000 per day. Noticed they didn't do much panning of the crowrds by the rails or in the stands.....better not upset the poor natives heh?
    Last edited by Brin; 20-06-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    At last there's a challenge this season laid at the Mercedes team door. Brilliant race from Verstappen and the Red Bull team coupled with the poor strategies from McClaren which cost them dearly.

Looks like Hamilton was going to win but it was snatched from his grasp with a 1.5 laps to go.

Whilst I'm on the subject of F1, I see the government have approved (in another experiment) for a crowd no less than
    144,000 to attend the Silverstone Grand Prix before the official lockdown ends.
    They have said though all will be okay because it's spread over 5.5 acres??? The stands will be packed, what are they on about?

I suppose it's another very large cash making venue so they can't say no to the money people, much like Ascot last week that should have seen daily attendances of 4.5k but they allowed in, upwards of 12,000 per day. Noticed they didn't do much panning of the crowrds by the rails or in the stands.....better not upset the poor natives heh?
    It's all looking very tyred.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It's all looking very tyred.
    What do you think to the massive crowd at Silverstone?

Wake me up when it ends! Bores me sh*tless

Always nice to have that many people descend on a village just a bit bigger than Wentworth. On race day, when we lived around there the lines to get in used to start before dawn and with standing traffic stretching beyond 10 miles. Was a nightmare trying to get to Stowe School G.C. which sits just beyond the circuit. Improvements to the A43 has made it a bit better these days. Worst of everything were the helicopters overhead, a constant stream from first light up to race start, then they stopped for about 90 minutes and started up again as soon as the race ended.

Well after allowing the full attendances at that orgy of middle class catgut called Wimbledon I suppose they are being nice to the hairy arsed petrol heads

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Always nice to have that many people descend on a village just a bit bigger than Wentworth. On race day, when we lived around there the lines to get in used to start before dawn and with standing traffic stretching beyond 10 miles. Was a nightmare trying to get to Stowe School G.C. which sits just beyond the circuit. Improvements to the A43 has made it a bit better these days. Worst of everything were the helicopters overhead, a constant stream from first light up to race start, then they stopped for about 90 minutes and started up again as soon as the race ended.
    Used to live near Brands Hatch and had similar experiences

Been to Silverstone 3 times.
    Absolutely fkn awesome day out.

Apparently Crash it's a better experience at the overseas races , someone I worked with once went to Silverstone , then went to the race in Valencia, Spa & monza...he said the fans get treated a lot better, he did say at Silverstone they just got put in a fenced area and left to it.
    I'd love to go..to Monza or Spa.
    Tbh I've not watched it for a long time now really as for a long time Hamilton & Schumacher before him won everything so it's not been a contest.
    I loved it when Mansell Senna Prost Pique were racing..

rubbish that Brin. all day at Silverstone pre race. you get air shows . vintage car racing. more things to do than you can shake a stick at. fantastic foody stalls .
    excellent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast