+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Put yourselves in Ismael's position right now

This is from FLW..
    Everything seems to be pointing towards Ismael becoming the new Albion manager, with the 45-year-old keen to make the switch and the two clubs in negotiations over a fee.

If the release fee was £2M surely the only negotiations are how they are going to pay it.

Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    West Brom. Valerian Ismael. Compo deal with Barnsley should be sorted soon. Gap small at weekend … all sides need it resolved.
    9:42 AM · Jun 21, 2021

he owes us nothing, we owe him nothing. He did a great job for us and thats all you can ask as a reds fan, is that whilst they're here they get the best out f what they've got.
    I'd love him to stay but lets be fair, this is one of the ways the club makes its money and it is what it is. We're a great shop window for players and managers alike. VI has raised our prfile aswell and post-pandemic every club seems to buy into our business model and this could make us a bit more competitive in the market

I’m either way, I’d be happy for him to stay but also wouldn’t be too concerned if he went.

When you look at his record he doesn’t stay at one place for long and with the crowd coming back I’m not sure the baggies fans will be too happy with his style of football so I don’t see his staying at WBA for too long either.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I’m either way, I’d be happy for him to stay but also wouldn’t be too concerned if he went.

When you look at his record he doesn’t stay at one place for long and with the crowd coming back I’m not sure the baggies fans will be too happy with his style of football so I don’t see his staying at WBA for too long either.

The style of football he used at Barnsley was because he assessed the squad when he arrived and then decided to play high press vertical football. He obviously felt that vertical football was the best way to get the most out of the squad that he had at his disposal. WBA however have better players technically within their ranks than Barnsley have, so Ismael may adopt a more 'football on the floor' policy whilst still maintaining his high energy, high press philosophy. We shall see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12