+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Put yourselves in Ismael's position right now

Put yourselves in Ismael's position right now

Would you stay ? Or go ?
    I would go , benefits are for him if he went ? On a big contract and failed, he's probably set up for life given the compensation he would receive , he could easily then move to a Club closer to his homeland and be closer to his family , or if he's willing to accept how hard English league's are , and he could well stay at Oakwell ? Which I think he will for now !! Whatever happens I wish him well , not my type of manager /coach, however he has got results , hope it stays fine for him !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Would you stay ? Or go ?
    I would go , benefits are for him if he went ? On a big contract and failed, he's probably set up for life given the compensation he would receive , he could easily then move to a Club closer to his homeland and be closer to his family , or if he's willing to accept how hard English league's are , and he could well stay at Oakwell ? Which I think he will for now !! Whatever happens I wish him well , not my type of manager /coach, however he has got results , hope it stays fine for him !
    I'd go whilst my stock was high and get myself a very good contract as you say Roma .

Things can turn against you on Grove Street pretty quickly as Daniel Stendel found out and he'll not be on a fortune down there .

It's a very insecure career and you have to cash in whilst you can in my opinion .

Ad go missen. Bigger club, bigger opportunities.

There's a serious case for Val leaving as I feel anything he does in his last 2 years here will probably not live up to his achievements at oakwell last season. There's always a job in some capacity in football even if tha gets chucked on scrap heap as a HC/manager

On the other hand.... i hear managers bang on about job security... he knows he is here till he decides... could get sack at west brom after a dozen bad results. If the guy is well off anyway its not necessarily about money

Grasping at straws i know. But.....

Interesting to see that most of the Baggies fans don't want him.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38277343
    Last edited by Acido; 20-06-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    On the other hand.... i hear managers bang on about job security... he knows he is here till he decides... could get sack at west brom after a dozen bad results. If the guy is well off anyway its not necessarily about money
    That’s exactly right.
    Two options.
    Go with a club awash with parachute money and take a huge risk that the fans are still with you by Christmas.
    OR
    Build year on year knowing that even if you have a dip the fans will still be behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    That’s exactly right.
    Two options.
    Go with a club awash with parachute money and take a huge risk that the fans are still with you by Christmas.
    OR
    Build year on year knowing that even if you have a dip the fans will still be behind you.
    Except it's not what the fans think that actually counts. Look at Stendel, sacked after promotion and loved by the Reds fans. Look at Claudio Ranieri, wins the PL wi Leicester then gets sacked 6 months later despite having God like status.

As I said in a previous post, Val has set the bar extremely high last season and it's very unlikely he'll get any where near repeating that

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Except it's not what the fans think that actually counts. Look at Stendel, sacked after promotion and loved by the Reds fans. Look at Claudio Ranieri, wins the PL wi Leicester then gets sacked 6 months later despite having God like status.

As I said in a previous post, Val has set the bar extremely high last season and it's very unlikely he'll get any where near repeating that
    Of course the book stops with the owners and should do.
    But the love of the fans holds a lot of weight.
    In saying that the fans love can sometimes work against a manager.
    Hecky.

I guess the annual Barnsley FC fire sale has begun with the back room staff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast