+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why is it that........

Why is it that........

....... when a Welshman pulls on a red shirt and a Scot pulls on a navy shirt they appear to grow in stature? The same doesn't seem to apply when an Englishman pulls on a white shirt. Perhaps it's just my imagination but there doesn't appear to be the same desire, pride or determination. Let's be honest, England have the more talented players but they just don't seem to have the same will to put their lives on the line in the same way.

Too many England players are Premier League prima donnas and Southgate is no motivator, the ‘Pulis’ of the international scene.

Had that red card been in an England game, heads would have dropped and we’d have been happy to come home.
    We don’t have a ‘Beckham’ in the team, no real leader, let alone a passionate one. We don’t have players who have the hunger as they have big fat contracts already. If I was the England manager, i’d consider putting players in from the Championship.
    Also, a thing about the U21s.. just why are players promoted to senior team so soon? Surely winning at u21 level would be the way forward with our young players that have got in recent senior squads.
    You just know what’s coming against the Czechs? We’ve been there before. We need a Vardy on the pitch.

100M bid apparently made for Kane, Southgate insists he’ll play against the Czechs. What a way to unsettle a player before a game he’s under pressure. Why are these bids made during a tournament? His performance will drop so much next game that his value will come tumbling down, you heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    100M bid apparently made for Kane, Southgate insists he’ll play against the Czechs. What a way to unsettle a player before a game he’s under pressure. Why are these bids made during a tournament? His performance will drop so much next game that his value will come tumbling down, you heard it here first.

I agree Regis! What’s more important to Kane - progression in the competition or logging on in the next couple of months to see an even larger bank balance!

He’s a decent player but 100 million - football has gone stupid!! The fans will ultimately be paying this one way or the other!

At the risk of boring the f u c k out of everyone I’ll keep saying these two words until an England manager wakes up and realised what he has in front of his own two eyes.

Jude Bellingham.

He makes Steven Gerrard look like Jake Livermore.

This lad will bestride Europe at one of the giants like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

He’ll captain one of these great sides and have a career laden with trophies.

If you’re good enough you’re old enough and he’s plenty good enough, how Declan Rice or Phillips can get picked ahead of him is beyond me.

You might as well make him captain now and start playing him Gareth because if you don’t, the next England manager is going to make you look and even bigger t w a t than you are by doing so.

Jude Bellingham.

Should be the first name on the team sheet for the next 15 years as long as form and fitness allow.

A legend of the game available to us now.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    At the risk of boring the f u c k out of everyone I’ll keep saying these two words until an England manager wakes up and realised what he has in front of his own two eyes.

Jude Bellingham.

He makes Steven Gerrard look like Jake Livermore.

This lad will bestride Europe at one of the giants like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

He’ll captain one of these great sides and have a career laden with trophies.

If you’re good enough you’re old enough and he’s plenty good enough, how Declan Rice or Phillips can get picked ahead of him is beyond me.

You might as well make him captain now and start playing him Gareth because if you don’t, the next England manager is going to make you look and even bigger t w a t than you are by doing so.

Jude Bellingham.

Should be the first name on the team sheet for the next 15 years as long as form and fitness allow.

A legend of the game available to us now.
    Well said Mick.

Blimey Mick, he must be good if you think he will be better than Gerrard

Is he really that good though I’ve not seen much tbh

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)