+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Neil getting support from main stream medai

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    For the record I have no sympathy for drug addicts. I see it as a lifestyle choice not an illness regardless of whatever the PC mob would have us believe.
    It is a lifestyle choice at the start but once you are an addict I think we need to do something different from the current range of policies to deal with drug addicts. It's funny, but schools teach you about maths and you learn to count, they teach you about *** and drugs, and what do you learn? I genuinely don't know, but perhaps someone does and could explain.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    It is a lifestyle choice at the start but once you are an addict I think we need to do something different from the current range of policies to deal with drug addicts. It's funny, but schools teach you about maths and you learn to count, they teach you about *** and drugs, and what do you learn? I genuinely don't know, but perhaps someone does and could explain.
    They learn it's no their fault before they have even succumbed.

This country still has a massive problem with alcohol before we get to gateway drugs and class A ,it’s cheap ,readily available and positively encouraged in younger years to consume or it’s deemed there is something wrong with you if you don’t ,many people have lost everything to alcohol before they ever got near the methadone program….

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    For the record I have no sympathy for drug addicts. I see it as a lifestyle choice not an illness regardless of whatever the PC mob would have us believe.
    Well that's interesting Deeranged.

Drug addict income.

Full personal independence payment (pip) £608.60 every 4 weeks

Employment support Allowance (support group)......£223 every fortnight.

If they have bairns.....PIP can be claimed for each bairn.....usually disability is attention disorder or hyperactivity.....around £300 every 4 weeks

They can them claim carers allowance for bairns (Yep a junkie as a carer) only once £69 per week.

Rent zip

Council tax zip.

And obligatory free food from local food bank.

Free central heating system can be claimed if they happen to own a home.

And all this done for them by a myriad of council and charity workers.

You and I may not class it as an illness but obviously others do.

And they wonder where they get the money for drugs.🤣

[QUOTE=Mudskipper;39808044]This country still has a massive problem with alcohol before we get to gateway drugs and class A ,it’s cheap ,readily available and positively encouraged in younger years to consume or it’s deemed there is something wrong with you if you don’t ,many people have lost everything to alcohol before they ever got near the methadone.

Alcohol isn't cheap.

[QUOTE=Returnofrros;39808053]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    This country still has a massive problem with alcohol before we get to gateway drugs and class A ,it’s cheap ,readily available and positively encouraged in younger years to consume or it’s deemed there is something wrong with you if you don’t ,many people have lost everything to alcohol before they ever got near the methadone.

Alcohol isn't cheap.
    It’s still dirt cheap even with minimum pricing ,you could lose 2 days on £30 from supermarkets ,some of the ahem !!!!…Asian outlets still do deals it’s still driven by demand…

[QUOTE=Mudskipper;39808065]
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

It’s still dirt cheap even with minimum pricing ,you could lose 2 days on £30 from supermarkets ,some of the ahem !!!!…Asian outlets still do deals it’s still driven by demand…
    Not advocating alcohol.......but

In 1971 the average hourly wage bought you just shy of 6 pints.

Today......3.5 pints

I'd suggest the price of drugs has went the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    In Holland they treated some heroine addicts with medical grade heroine,but they have to enter a residential facility. (Not sure if the programme is still active)

Once in the facility their use of drugs is controlled,and because of the purity of the drugs,they do not suffer from the problems arising from impurities added to bulk up quantity. They also have access to healthcare, psychiatric professionals,and housing advice.

They are slowly weaned off heroine,and once clean,rehoused in a different part of the country,where they also have access to a support network.

This helps them start fresh,removing them from the area where they knew all the dealers,and all the users.
    In some states of the USA,they were using a drug similar in idea to the one George best got.

It gives a high like heroine,but if you take heroine,it makes you vomit. Once you are off heroine,but addicted to the new drug,I think it's called bupranorphine, it is a much easier withdrawal than heroine.it costs a fortune tho,but prob cheaper than infinite methadone,which only really works for people who really want to quit.

The majority on methadone seem to only want the free drugs,and no teeth.....

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    In Holland they treated some heroine addicts with medical grade heroine,but they have to enter a residential facility. (Not sure if the programme is still active)

Once in the facility their use of drugs is controlled,and because of the purity of the drugs,they do not suffer from the problems arising from impurities added to bulk up quantity. They also have access to healthcare, psychiatric professionals,and housing advice.

They are slowly weaned off heroine,and once clean,rehoused in a different part of the country,where they also have access to a support network.

This helps them start fresh,removing them from the area where they knew all the dealers,and all the users.
    In some states of the USA,they were using a drug similar in idea to the one George best got.

It gives a high like heroine,but if you take heroine,it makes you vomit. Once you are off heroine,but addicted to the new drug,I think it's called bupranorphine, it is a much easier withdrawal than heroine.it costs a fortune tho,but prob cheaper than infinite methadone,which only really works for people who really want to quit.

The majority on methadone seem to only want the free drugs,and no teeth.....
    Thanks Grantzer.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)