+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Neil getting support from main stream medai

Andrew Neil getting support from main stream medai

GB News seems to be gaining some support from MSM. Firms who pulled advertising because they were worried about a woke backlash are realising that there is a market and support for free speech and standing up for organisations that may not follow woke mantras. Interview with Rishi Sunak was good and the format of trying to show the difficulties and possible alternative approaches was very refreshing, lMO.

Content very good, production values leave a wee bit to be desired.

Sunak starting to be honest about how bad this might get.

Yes. I think the idea of getting people to feel they can tell the truth without some "well what are you going to do about it" follow up is very refreshing. That was Piers Morgan biggest flaw. He knew the problems but he felt holding people to account was what was needed. Helping politicians by having a grown up discussion about a problem seems to me to be important. Kind of like on this forum, people who have different views generally try to move the discussion along rather than simply shout louder.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Kind of like on this forum, people who have different views generally try to move the discussion along rather than simply shout louder.
    Everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Everyone?
    Genuine Dees, yes, everyone.

Not watched it yet but will give it a go sometime.

Fed up of the usual talking heads on news channels who give you an opinion rather than the news.

Only SNP supporters need to be told what to think.

The majority of us can listen, research and then make our own minds up.

Yes. I think the idea of getting people to feel they can tell the truth without some "well what are you going to do about it" follow up is very refreshing. That was Piers Morgan biggest flaw. He knew the problems but he felt holding people to account was what was needed. Helping politicians by having a grown up discussion about a problem seems to me to be important. Kind of like on this forum, people who have different views generally try to move the discussion along rather than simply shout louder.
    It is the left wing groups who do not like the GB news service.
    Apparently a far left campaigning group called Stop Funding Hate (SFH) had been busy contacting companies telling them not to advertise on the GB News channel long before its launch last week. SFH had detected ‘hate’ before a word had been broadcast. How did they manage that.
    The members of SFH obviously do not believe in Free Speech preferring in brain wash the U.K. public into believing their own political views.
    Companies appear to have decided to advertise on the GB News service after an opinion poll commissioned by a National newspaper showed that 93% of respondents would boycott companies who refused to advertise with GB News for political reasons.
    For once the silent majority has won.

Good point about the silent majority. Wanted to keep this about GB News but maybe they might be encouraged by the last Scottish election and do some investigation into the political opinions of the people who did not vote. SNP got 50% of the vote but the turnout was about 68%. Think that means SNP got 34% of the total electorate to vote for them. That might mean that 66% don't support SNP. Can't see MSM being much interested in checking what this means should there be an Indyref2, but I am hoping that GBNews might look into the issue. Be funny if Nicola knows that she would lose an Indyref2 and she is a totally delighted that Boris has said no. She gets to retire undefeated, Boris is to blame etc

Good point about the silent majority. Wanted to keep this about GB News but maybe they might be encouraged by the last Scottish election and do some investigation into the political opinions of the people who did not vote. SNP got 50% of the vote but the turnout was about 68%. Think that means SNP got 34% of the total electorate to vote for them. That might mean that 66% don't support SNP. Can't see MSM being much interested in checking what this means should there be an Indyref2, but I am hoping that GBNews might look into the issue. Be funny if Nicola knows that she would lose an Indyref2 and she is a totally delighted that Boris has said no. She gets to retire undefeated, Boris is to blame etc
    I think this is exactly why she doesn't really push.

Recently I was invited onto a MSM news programme to discuss IndyRef2 and i queried the researchers assertions on Scotland looking likely to breakaway. They were shocked to look at the real numbers and seriously hadn't even looked at that angle. I declined to go on but still in discussion about the numbers reality.

Interested in the silent majority above, for me the silent majority is a real mix of both left and right thinking people, not extreme in either direction. Traditional trade union and labour people and also conservative with a small c. Most people in the country just want a life which rewards effort, not much more.
    Last edited by hmac; 22-06-2021 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    I think this is exactly why she doesn't really push.

Recently I was invited onto a MSM news programme to discuss IndyRef2 and i queried the researchers assertions on Scotland looking likely to breakaway. They were shocked to look at the real numbers and seriously hadn't even looked at that angle. I declined to go on but still in discussion about the numbers reality.

Interested in the silent majority above, for me the silent majority is a real mix of both left and right thinking people, not extreme in either direction. Traditional trade union and labour people and also conservative with a small c. Most people in the country just want a life which rewards effort, not much more.
    Good post H.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)