+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT- Level Playing Field in Sport.

OT- Level Playing Field in Sport.

Seems fair, lol.

Hope for the Women's game of footy yet.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...er-new-zealand

When will it all stop?

Every sympathy for people who think they were born in the wrong body . If a man transitions if that’s the right word into a woman they shouldn’t be allowed to compete against other women. It’s an unfair advantage. Men are by an large stronger and faster.

The whole thing is even more woke crap. The drip drip drip of brainwashing to think a certain way.

Probably, for you detractors, when your sons and daughters turn out to be transgender olympic athletes...

It's everyone's right to identify as whatever they like, but if you are born a 'man' then transition to a 'woman' then surely you will have a strength advantage as in this case.
    If it makes no difference then we will see loads of women into men transitions competing in men's sport.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Probably, for you detractors, when your sons and daughters turn out to be transgender olympic athletes...
    If they compete in a transgender event/competition, good luck to them or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    If they compete in a transgender event/competition, good luck to them or anyone else.
    So someone of the ilk of say Mike Tyson goes transgender and then gets to box in the women's heavyweight title in the olympics, yeh totally fair.....

Everyone should be free to be what they want to be but please don't cheat being in a mans body, that you previously challenged in, expecting to be accepted as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So someone of the ilk of say Mike Tyson goes transgender and then gets to box in the women's heavyweight title in the olympics, yeh totally fair.....

Everyone should be free to be what they want to be but please don't cheat being in a mans body, that you previously challenged in, expecting to be accepted as a woman.
    Brin thats what I’m saying.

I’m saying have 2 separate classes for transgenders if that’s the way it’s going.

This is unfair on women in professional sport, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Brin thats what I’m saying.

I’m saying have 2 separate classes for transgenders if that’s the way it’s going.

This is unfair on women in professional sport, no question.
    My wife was telling me that this issue was subject to an episode of a legal drama in America and that was based around the world athletics method for maintaining fairness between athletes. I just looked on wiki and it seems to be along these lines:

In October 2019, World Athletics changed the testosterone limit for transgender competitors, setting it at 5 nmol/L, from the previous 10 nmol/L, in order to bring it in line with the DSD (inter***) regulations.[10] According to regulations from October 2019, in order for a trans woman to compete in the women's category: "3.2.1 she must provide a written and signed declaration, in a form satisfactory to the Medical Manager, that her gender identity is female; 3.2.2 she must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Expert Panel (on the balance of probabilities), in accordance with clause 4, that the concentration of testosterone in her serum has been less than 5 nmol/L continuously for a period of at least 12 months; and 3.2.3 she must keep her serum testosterone concentration below 5 nmol/L for so long as she wishes to maintain her eligibility to compete in the female category of competition."[11] World Athletics also has rules for inter***/differences of *** development (DSD) athletes. DSD athletes will be subjected to specific rules if they have XY male chromosomes, testes rather than ovaries, have circulating testosterone within the typical male range (7.7 to 29.4 nmol/L), and are androgen-sensitive so that their body makes use of that testosterone. World Athletics requires that any such athlete must reduce their blood testosterone level to 5 nmol/L or lower for a six-month period before becoming eligible for track running events from 400 metres to the mile run in international competition, though World Athletics publicly remains open to extending this to other events based on new scientific study. World Athletics created these rules as a way to ensure fair competition in the women's category.[12]

Sounds fair enough to me. Again, what's the hysteria about "when will it end?!" lol. Have a lie down Howds!

THIS:

A testosterone-fuelled puberty provides such a large physical advantage in weightlifting that someone can still qualify for the female category at the Olympics at the age of 43 and after breaking their arm.

No hysteria from me. It's simply not right or fair.

I suggest World Athletics and the Olympic movement has a rethink.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast