+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reeves has left the building…

Slightly disappointed in his decision but can definitely see why he's chosen to leave.

He was pretty dire until about 10 games ago but how much of that was down to him being played in a role that didn't match his strengths, we'll never know.

Hopefully we have a replacement lined up (or 2, I don't imagine Reeves was on a pittance)

Watching Notts at times last season with Reeves constant backwards play really made me question why I was bothering. I accept it may be that he was playing that way because he was instructed to. Somehow I think not as even under IB the instinct was there. I’m probably in a minority but I’m hopeful that we can put together a side that does better than last year, and for me that didn’t/couldn’t/shouldn’t include Reeves.

A good player who neve quite reached his full potential with Notts despite showing occasional flashes of real quality. Good luck to him in future. Also frees up some cash for N'Golo Kanté's 3 year contract with us.

Incoming announcement imminent

Regarding our midfield Connor Lemonheigh-Evans is out of contract this month with Torquay. I'm sure they would have already spoken to him about a new contract but he would fit our midfield requirements perfectly and still only 24.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Regarding our midfield Connor Lemonheigh-Evans is out of contract this month with Torquay. I'm sure they would have already spoken to him about a new contract but he would fit our midfield requirements perfectly and still only 24.
    Good shout

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    A good player who neve quite reached his full potential with Notts despite showing occasional flashes of real quality. Good luck to him in future. Also frees up some cash for N'Golo Kanté's 3 year contract with us.
    One I would most prob have wanted to keep, but heyho, if the lad don't wanna stay then we look elsewhere.

Not overly worried by Reeves leaving of itself but having already lost Ellis and several other first team regulars possibly moving elsewhere (Miller, Slocombe, Wootton?) we now appear to be facing a bigger pre-season rebuilding job than would be desirable or thought necessary. Even if recruitment is good the inevitable period of getting new players to gel could make the start of next season challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yeah he looked good yesterday. Would add the mobility and grit we need as well as being a good footballer.

I don't know what to think about Reeves. Friendlies and first few games I thought he looked great. After that I thought he was poor, but when he got taken off against Bromley we fell to pieces. Whether that was down to him being better than I thought, or the fact that we hardly have any central midfielders to replace him with - time will tell!

Doyle confirmed as assistant

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast