+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reeves has left the building…

Surprised and disappointed.
    As far as I'm concerned he was the only midfielder we had left. So a totally new midfield, as the link between defence and attack, means a very different team.
    We need FL quality, but when we get that standard of player, they don't want to stay. Better not sugarcoat this - Ellis and Reeves, yikes.

Not hugely concerned, Reeves was an Ardley man and never really performed that well. Had no physicality or pace and considering that passing was supposed to be his strength, he gave it away wayyyy to much.

Onwards and upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Surprised and disappointed.
    As far as I'm concerned he was the only midfielder we had left. So a totally new midfield, as the link between defence and attack, means a very different team.
    We need FL quality, but when we get that standard of player, they don't want to stay. Better not sugarcoat this - Ellis and Reeves, yikes.
    It is obviously disappointing but not the end of the world. Unfortunately it comes with the territory when you are trying to get promoted back to the football league. Not achieving that goal is likely going to lead to some players leaving. It’s the same when teams get relegated. You can’t begrudge players wanting to play at the highest level possible. It shows they are in the game for the right reasons.

With Ellis and Reeves both were players Neal Ardley brought to the club and with Reeves it states a clause has been triggered so it seems like he may have only stayed had we been promoted?

He was a good player but we had too similar types of players in central midfield last season. Neal Bishop said the same. It gives the opportunity for Ian Burchnall to get midfielders to suit his style.

Recruitment in central midfield will be key now as to how we do next season. I’m optimistic that we will get suitable players of quality. Look what Reeves says about the style of play, it being fun and allowing players to play with freedom and express themselves. Any potential signings should take note of his comments. If you create the right kind of environment for players to flourish then that’s part of the recruitment process sorted by default.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

Recruitment in central midfield will be key now as to how we do next season.
    Yeah, no kidding. We can certainly agree on that.

Got badly injured at Bradford, drops down the league playing for us, gets fit the exercises his contract clause to leave for EFL. Seems he's just used us

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Not hugely concerned, Reeves was an Ardley man and never really performed that well. Had no physicality or pace and considering that passing was supposed to be his strength, he gave it away wayyyy to much.

Onwards and upwards!
    For an ‘Ardley man’, I thought there was some rather pointed criticism of our former manager in Reeves departing comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Got badly injured at Bradford, drops down the league playing for us, gets fit the exercises his contract clause to leave for EFL. Seems he's just used us
    We accepted the clause being placed in the contract at the outset so we can have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    For an ‘Ardley man’, I thought there was some rather pointed criticism of our former manager in Reeves departing comments.

"Any new players coming in can look forward to really enjoyable day-to-day work with a head coach who puts complete trust in his players and allows them to express themselves without fear of being criticised for getting caught out of position or giving the ball away...... Ian came in and helped us transition from a team that was struggling to one with a serious chance of promotion "

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Can’t say I’m that fussed, been a big disappointment for someone who came with a real reputation. Picked up under Burchnall towards the end as everyone did.
    This..Gives another space up to IB to get players in that he chooses...

As other have already stated, he has improved since IB came in but previously I found him disappointing. Too much sideways and backwards passing for my liking. There was one match where he ran 20 or 30 yards with the ball, deep into our penalty area. Wish he’d dribbled into the opposite box like that!
    He has improved under IB and he probably will be missed. However, we badly need some physical presence in our midfield and this gives us the opportunity to address that.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast