+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Reeves has left the building…

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Ridiculous comments but you are entitled to make them ……
    Then why have a go if I'm entitled to make them?? Not ridiculous Kelton, look back through this thread, I think you will find you are in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Ardley has a lot to answer for!! Us still stuck in the National League could have dire consequences financially and now more rebuilding to do.
    Please don't mention parachute payments, it's all I ask.

Everybody will be rebuilding.

I love that, in the space of a few days, we’ve gone from ‘release the entire team and rebuild it all’ to ‘we’re screwed because Jake Reeves has left and we released Ben Turner’. What a place.

That's NCM at its very best#viva

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Just shows, yet again, where all the power lies in football these days. Gone are the days of transfer requests - just stick a clause in your contract that you can walk away and sign for a club in a higher division.

Thanks for the worldies, Jake, no thanks for all the lousy passes on the edge of your own box and the tedious backwards passes.
    Very close to my thinking. I’m surprised that Reeves has gone, but not especially pleased or disappointed. He sometimes looked a good player at this level, but he sometimes looked the main cause of our pedantic build up play. I think central midfield wasn’t one of our strengths last season and it seems much of it has now gone, so hopes are now reliant on us finding something better.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I love that, in the space of a few days, we’ve gone from ‘release the entire team and rebuild it all’ to ‘we’re screwed because Jake Reeves has left and we released Ben Turner’. What a place.
    Anyone moaning about the release of Ben Turner needs sympathy and possibly medication.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I did say a few ago that Reeves would leave to go back into the FL. Got harranged for it but heyho. I think he will end up at Mansfield.
    I have an uneasy feeling about whats happening now. We have lost Enzio, Reeves and Doyle from the midfield. Doyle wont be playing next year. That leaves us looking for a whole new midfield to join JOB and Ruben and even that is not certain considering Rubens apparent progress. Miller will stay in the FL. We released Turner and McCrory, both left footed defenders leaving us without a left footed CB. We cudnt attract Ellis despite offering him a two year deal, he to prefers FL football and it looks very much like Slocombe is leaving too. He wont be the last. I have also heard that backroom staff are leaving too. The gaffa has time to bring in his replacements but the list is growing all the time and the loss of Reeves will be an unexpected blow to him.
    Except it wont be an unexpected blow as he knew about the clause and has already said they expected it to happen for some time and have been planning replacements.

if he is as good as he reckons, how come he didn't sign for a league club when released by Bradfud??

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    if he is as good as he reckons, how come he didn't sign for a league club when released by Bradfud??
    And now his no-brainer move is to Stevenage...

I guess Reeves family still live down south so would have been a factor.

Shame, as unlike most I actually rated him. Thought he would be a bit of a banker for the midfield role next season.

Anyhow, we move on. Has Ellis gone to Barrow by the way?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast