+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Reeves has left the building…

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Anyone moaning about the release of Ben Turner needs sympathy and possibly medication.
    Spot on...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I did say a few ago that Reeves would leave to go back into the FL. Got harranged for it but heyho. I think he will end up at Mansfield.
    I have an uneasy feeling about whats happening now. We have lost Enzio, Reeves and Doyle from the midfield. Doyle wont be playing next year. That leaves us looking for a whole new midfield to join JOB and Ruben and even that is not certain considering Rubens apparent progress. Miller will stay in the FL. We released Turner and McCrory, both left footed defenders leaving us without a left footed CB. We cudnt attract Ellis despite offering him a two year deal, he to prefers FL football and it looks very much like Slocombe is leaving too. He wont be the last. I have also heard that backroom staff are leaving too. The gaffa has time to bring in his replacements but the list is growing all the time and the loss of Reeves will be an unexpected blow to him.
    Some of what you have stated, although slight biased to negative.

As another poster as pointed out, Reeves situation is anything unexpected.

With regards to Slocombe, he may well leave. But, Notts seem quite confident he will stay.

In terms of backroom staff, some may leave. But, I’d be surprised. My surprise would mainly be due to the confirmation of Doyle in the Assistant role. I’m pretty sure Doyle wouldn’t commit himself if he was confident/comfortable in the set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Some of what you have stated, although slight biased to negative, is correct.

As another poster as pointed out, Reeves situation is anything unexpected.

With regards to Slocombe, he may well leave. But, Notts seem quite confident he will stay.

In terms of backroom staff, some may leave. But, I’d be surprised. My surprise would mainly be due to the confirmation of Doyle in the Assistant role. I’m pretty sure Doyle wouldn’t commit himself if he was confident/comfortable in the set up.
    Correction

At times our midfield this season was one of the most frustrating I’ve ever seen representing Notts and Reeves was a major part of that. The improvement under IB was really encouraging especially in such a short time. I’m excited about seeing his team play in his style and trust him to recruit well. I think we need to keep Wootton, Rodrigues, Lacy, Rawlinson, DKE from this seasons regulars. slocombe too would be a bonus but like I said I trust IB and the recruitmant programme of course

Hopefully we'll see Stevenage and Notts swapping places next season. I wonder if Reeves has a similar exit/escape clause built in?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Hopefully we'll see Stevenage and Notts swapping places next season. I wonder if Reeves has a similar exit/escape clause built in?
    Stevenage did much better last season finishing mid table and Reeves will probably go the way of many of our so called crap players. The likes of Labadie, Rodford, Oliver, Bishop, Whitehouse etc. and play at a higher level.

What does Slocombe rejecting a return to the EFL mean for the narrative in here then?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    What does Slocombe rejecting a return to the EFL mean for the narrative in here then?
    One can only say it's a positive and should be an encouragement to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    maybe the National League is taken more seriously now than ever before . . . since Notts started playing in it of course!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567