+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reeves has left the building…

Reeves has left the building…

Sounds like IB had been expecting it so hopefully the boss will have a replacement lined up.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...eparts-100521/

That’s a blow.

Can’t say I’m that fussed, been a big disappointment for someone who came with a real reputation. Picked up under Burchnall towards the end as everyone did.

Didn't expect an under contract player to leave, unless maybe Sam so that's a surprise.

Well that makes Jim O'Brien being offered a contract make more sense to me (I was 50:50) and importance of him signing up for next season has just increased.

Mixed feelings. I think he’s much better than what a lot of Notts supporters give him credit for, although quite a few of his performances justify that view.

I can’t recall him controlling a game.

We move on.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Can’t say I’m that fussed, been a big disappointment for someone who came with a real reputation. Picked up under Burchnall towards the end as everyone did.
    Agreed, Doyle and JOB were more impressive performers in central midfield over the season as a whole. However, he improved signify under IB probably more than most (excl. Chicksen)

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Agreed, Doyle and JOB were more impressive performers in central midfield over the season as a whole. However, he improved signify under IB probably more than most (excl. Chicksen)
    He did improve significantly, but I’m still not sure he was putting in the dominant performances that someone with his reputation/career should be doing at this level.

Looking more and more like the clearout some called for. Here's hoping his replacement's better. We're rolling a lot of dice on recruitment now.

I also expect, given the number of new players we're likely to have, that we'll have a bit of a wobbly start to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Looking more and more like the clearout some called for. Here's hoping his replacement's better. We're rolling a lot of dice on recruitment now.

I also expect, given the number of new players we're likely to have, that we'll have a bit of a wobbly start to the season.
    Obviously lots can happen, but I’d currently expect a maximum of three or four new players starting on the opening day. That’ll be one of the smallest number of changes in the whole division I imagine.

Not fussed, as others have said his performances improved back end of the season which gives me hope that IB will be able to do this from the start of the season and with a few fresh faces.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast