+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doyle is new Assistant Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I want to ask a question.
    Imagine your workplace. What's easier or better, reporting to somebody who's just been promoted from your ranks, a peer. Or having a new 'supervisor' from outside. When the orders start to be barked out, which of the two situations is better?
    As a professional it should not matter as long as those orders are either sensible or explained well enough.

That can depend on who the person is. With Doyle already being captain and a quite vocal on field player I think his transition will be easier for the other players to see and accept.

In this instance I don't think you can compare football to a normal job. Quite often you see team captains or more senior players dishing out the *******ings on the pitch. If your line manager did the same to you in your normal job you would be looking to report him to HR.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    In this instance I don't think you can compare football to a normal job. Quite often you see team captains or more senior players dishing out the *******ings on the pitch. If your line manager did the same to you in your normal job you would be looking to report him to HR.
    Senior players moving into the coaching staff and junior members of the coaching staff becoming manager happens all of the time as well.

So true, and post that starts "Well if I did that in my job....." or similar can basically just be ignored unless your job is being a professional sportsman.

Football isn't a normal industry, a footballer is not a normal job. That's an opinion not a fact.

Thanks, some great answers to the question
    I have another question, but I'll save that for the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I want to ask a question.
    Imagine your workplace. What's easier or better, reporting to somebody who's just been promoted from your ranks, a peer. Or having a new 'supervisor' from outside. When the orders start to be barked out, which of the two situations is better?
    Depends completely on the individuals involved. If either of them are actually good at their new job, non-issue either way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12