+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doyle is new Assistant Head Coach

Doyle is new Assistant Head Coach

Well done Doyler.

\o/

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    \o/
    I've only just realised this does not represent chopsticks picking up a pea

That is very good news.

We are Notts County - we move on.

Michael Doyle has accepted Ian Burchnall’s offer to become our assistant head coach on a permanent basis.

The Irishman was given a taste of the role towards the end of the 2020-21 season and, while he will remain registered as a player, his main focus will now be on supporting Burchnall as a key part of his backroom staff.

And the head coach is delighted that his former captain will be by his side next season.

“Everyone knows how well-respected Michael is around the club and throughout the football world,” said Burchnall.

“The board and I are therefore delighted that he can see the positive direction the club’s heading in, and that he believes Meadow Lane is the perfect place to continue developing his coaching skills.

“Michael is a passionate football person who I have no doubt will go on to have a very successful coaching career.

“I’m excited to give him this opportunity and look forward to working closely with him to deliver what we both hope will be a successful and enjoyable 2021-22 season.”

Doyle will be giving his thoughts on his new role later.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...g-role-210621/

We'll have a new midfield,
    with Reeves departing as well

Sensible career move for Doyle

This is excellent news and as I’ve said previously on here for me is the biggest and most important signing we could have made this summer. First piece of the jigsaw complete the coaching set up is now sorted.

This should now provide future signings with certainty as to whom the head coach and his assistant will be and open the door for them to come in.

Expected but nonetheless great news.

I want to ask a question.
    Imagine your workplace. What's easier or better, reporting to somebody who's just been promoted from your ranks, a peer. Or having a new 'supervisor' from outside. When the orders start to be barked out, which of the two situations is better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast