+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Punishment fitting the crime

Punishment fitting the crime

I am not a Rugby fan, mainly because I don't understand what is going on half the time.

But this is a great idea for punishment that I would like to see football adopt.

A rugby player has disrespected a referee and now he must attend a referee's course and referee 2 academy games before February.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57554547

Rugby Union has always been good for player respect of officials, which is why they clamp down hard on incidents like this

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Rugby Union has always been good for player respect of officials, which is why they clamp down hard on incidents like this
    ......in football the players run the Referee. The FA have no interest in making rules that will interefere with their product.

Games are now rife with players cheating, diving, feigning injury. The new "head injury" that stops the game immediately will really come into force when a winning team comes under the cosh in the final 10 mins. Like i said before, that if the player needs 2 mins of treatment, then he goes off for the same amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I am not a Rugby fan, mainly because I don't understand what is going on half the time.

But this is a great idea for punishment that I would like to see football adopt.

A rugby player has disrespected a referee and now he must attend a referee's course and referee 2 academy games before February.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57554547
    If they did that in football scum then 90% of the players would need to take a ref's course lol, that could make it interesting. UTM