+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1002

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I haven't forgotten at all, I know which league St Mirren play in. Not sure that has much or anything to do with him bring sent off in the season opener when he only just came off the subs bench.

Maybe it's a standard too high for him having operated all his career in tinpot leagues (as you say) and the bottom end of League 2. What do you think Davy?

Not that I blame him for challenging himself and going to a club at a much higher level. Plus he will have been on fair wage whilst being sat on the bench or on the treatment table all last season. So a good move for the player.

But I'll stick with Rodders he's considerably younger, more potential, chance of a sell on fee, presumably much lower wages plus Dennis never showed the consistency Rodders did at the end of last season during his time at Notts.

He doesn't have to be fantastic he just has to be a good signing which I think he already is. Plenty more to come I hope from Ruben.
    As for Rodders showing consistency is a matter of debate , he played well for a month or so, not yet demonstrated over a full season or more than a season??
    Any player can play well for a limited time given the impression they are much better than they actually are, goes back to the famous old line, form is temporary, class is permanent ..

The idea of Notts buying younger players, could be a better choice financially going forward, as they do indeed cost less in wages, plus there is a chance of a sell on fee, trouble is for every diamond, there will probably be 10 average or dud players

Do you think the SPL too high a standard for Dennis having operated at tinpot and almost tinpot level for all his career?

Agree much easier for any player to be good for a month or so not so easy for a whole season. That's always been the case.

As for player purchases I'd rather our 'duds' be cheap duds than expensive 'duds' that cost hefty transfer fees and big wages.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I haven't forgotten at all, I know which league St Mirren play in. Not sure that has much or anything to do with him bring sent off in the season opener when he only just came off the subs bench.

Maybe it's a standard too high for him having operated all his career in tinpot leagues (as you say) and the bottom end of League 2. What do you think Davy?

Not that I blame him for challenging himself and going to a club at a much higher level. Plus he will have been on fair wage whilst being sat on the bench or on the treatment table all last season. So a good move for the player.

But I'll stick with Rodders he's considerably younger, more potential, chance of a sell on fee, presumably much lower wages plus Dennis never showed the consistency Rodders did at the end of last season during his time at Notts.

He doesn't have to be fantastic he just has to be a good signing which I think he already is. Plenty more to come I hope from Ruben.

Possibly you could have a point that the standard is to high for him at St Mirren, at League 2 level he scores approx once every 3 games.
    Kristian was probably a bit unlucky in that when he was playing well, ultimately signed for 2 clubs in Chesterfield, and then Notts who were relegated. Interesting that he did well lower down in the non league, scoring 72 goals at Curzon Ashton

Kristian began his career at Macclesfield Town, but left the club in 2010. He would subsequently have spells at Woodley Sports, Mossley and Curzon Ashton with his impressive form at the latter, which saw him net 72 goals in two season, leading to a move to Stockport County in 2013 where he would stay for three seasons.

He found himself back at Macclesfield on loan in the third season. He impressed in that spell at Macclesfield, scoring 27 goals in 44 appearances.

His form at the Silkmen lead to a return to the English Football League when he joined Chesterfield in 2016 where he played alongside ex-Saint Paul McGinn. In two seasons at Chesterfield Kristian scored 31 goals in 90 appearances.

Kristian would then net 22 goals in 64 appearances for Notts County including the first goal in a 2-0 win over Barnet in the National League play-off semi-final.

He certainly knows where the onion bag is at Non League level, but he's 31 years old now.

DKE has joined Leamington FC, we wish him luck. Just think about it?

keyboard test full

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    DKE has joined Leamington FC, we wish him luck. Just think about it?

keyboard test full

Why don't I get this one?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Why don't I get this one?
    Right. My 1st clue:

Think Worthingtons, but only 2?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Right. My 1st clue:

Think Worthingtons, but only 2?
    Ah yes got it now. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Ah yes got it now. Sorry