+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

I'm really looking forward to seeing the team IB puts together. Young and hungry for success is what I want to see in the main with more experienced players to help them here and there especially defence. Next season is going to be biblical.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the team IB puts together. Young and hungry for success is what I want to see in the main with more experienced players to help them here and there especially defence. Next season is going to be biblical.
    I’m not yet as convinced by Burchnall as many seem to be. We were far better to watch and looked good going forward, but we looked very dodgy at the back. There is still a lot of work to be done before I can see us as promotion candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I’m not yet as convinced by Burchnall as many seem to be. We were far better to watch and looked good going forward, but we looked very dodgy at the back. There is still a lot of work to be done before I can see us as promotion candidates.
    The form after he got his feet under the table was comfortably top 3 form. What we do not know is how the recruitment is going to work under him. Well we do sort of but you know what I mean. I have every confidence that as long as he is supplied with the right players we will be right up there. Top? Well who knows on that one. The building blocks are there. The recruitment is pivotal. We cant have any players who take 6 months to get going this season and we need Roberts back.

Like Elite, I feel that Burchnall has a lot of work to prove his pedigree. How can someone who has been abroad for x years have a realistic view of the contemporary picture of lower reaches English football? Will he just rely on Radar?
    Furthermore, I have serious doubts about the return of Callum Roberts. If it's right that he came down with long Covid, he may never get back his best form.
    On top of this, just the top team escapes the NL melee. As we have now learned in 2 consecutive seasons, getting in the playoffs is no guarantee of anything.

I'm sure him moving from Scandinavian football to English football is easier than the other way around.

If his main ability is coaching what he has, the classic getting the best out of his squad, then I'm very happy if he concentrates on that. He can tell them what he wants and needs, radar can do the searching and stick to what they know best.

It's obvious we need to improve defensively but nobody can deny the transformation of the squad with next to no new signings. As QLD rightly pointed out his form was circa Top 3 form since he arrived with a clear upturn in the curve as the season progressed. That has to give all fans confidence of whoever radar identify and we sign up he has the ability to get the best out of them and boy is he tactical aware. The likes of ac, ncfcog, jacob et al who appear to me to know their stuff more than most on here should love IBs approval, interviews etc.

I'm still sat firmly at the front of the bandwagon and ain't budging for no man, woman or junior magpie.

My understanding is IB doesnt sign or scout new players so if players bought are duds that isnt on him.

As head coach his job is solely to coach that is what he is good at or what he was hired for.

We'll see how he does next season.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    As QLD rightly pointed out his form was circa Top 3 form since he arrived.
    Queensland didn’t say that at all. He said that “once he’d got his feet under the table” it was comfortably top 3 form. In other words, if you ignore his awful start he was good. I prefer to look at the bigger picture and include everything. If you ignore the fact that Ardley was in charge when we were relegated you could almost claim he had done a decent job. I really hope that Burchnall’s bad start was simply down to him not having enough time to get his ideas across, but I’m not convinced yet.

Yeah you are right my apologies I misread. I forgot that after his first two games with the new manager being at the club less than a week and hardly having a training session to do any work with the players there were already conclusions being reached by some of the more reactionary fans on here. I also believe there might have been a Burchnall Out thread by that point lol. I don't even think it was tongue in cheek#viva

If the HMS Ardley was as bad as some would claim at that point in time, I find it amusing that some believe the new (largely unknown) manager should have an instant impact and positive results from the off. It takes a little time (especially on the training ground) to turn that ship around. He had no time.

And that's exactly what IB did. The last dozen games of last season with the new man in charge was no fluke. I have huge confidence that those 12 games are fairer reflection of his ability than the first 6 for all the obvious reasons that don't need explaining.

The difference was there for all to see, and that's including everything

The recruitment will tell us how good he is, surely be must have a big say in the players he wants. Midfield is the main priority imo.
    But I agree with Elite I am not yet fully convinced about IB but the signs were good the last few games apart from conceding to much from dead ball situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Queensland didn’t say that at all. He said that “once he’d got his feet under the table” it was comfortably top 3 form. In other words, if you ignore his awful start he was good. I prefer to look at the bigger picture and include everything. If you ignore the fact that Ardley was in charge when we were relegated you could almost claim he had done a decent job. I really hope that Burchnall’s bad start was simply down to him not having enough time to get his ideas across, but I’m not convinced yet.
    The thing is that when you get a new manager often you expect "new manager bounce". That is probably because in a lot of cases a new manager comes in and he shakes it all up gets a few of his mates in, changes the style of play etc etc. IB did not do any of this in fact he made one forced loan signing in Griffiths. He did bide his time a little and once we had a window of a weeks break and he was able to get his ideas across and change the style of play he did. He is patient and articulate but he does know very little about the recruitment side which is still an unknown to all of us with him at the helm. I am not 100% but I am very confident in what I have seen so far to give him my backing. He is certainly an improvement on what we had and were doing on the basis of what we have seen so far. And remember that he has had 18 games we have sacked managers many times in recent years in a lot less games than that!

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast