+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Let's hope Notts have done their homework on the injury and not just hoped for the best.
    I think we have been after Vincent for some time. IB tried to sign him when we bought that lad from Crewe in on loan. The radar has obviously seen something in him... let's wait and see what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    None want to but I'm sure a fair few are far more happy to than others. You don't want a squad full of players all expecting first team action every week and kicking up a fuss and causing issues when they aren't one of the staring XI. I believe the call it 'harmony in the camp'
    That is exactly what was happening last season. Some players can consider themeslves lucky still to be in the squad incl the our Portugese hero !!
    What really causes disharmony is playing players out of position whilst the players in the squad whose positions these are those being occupied by others. There were plenty of examples last season under NA and perhaps more so IB.
    It doesnt work in the long run.

I have no idea whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with my quoted post.

For me it's simple, you need say 5 types of players in your first team squad all with differing expected influence and expectations.

Key
    1st team
    Squad
    Fringe
    Development

It's near impossible to keep everyone happy if every signing thinks and believes they should be one of the first names on the team sheet from day one. It's just not realistic, same as you can't expect all signings to be 'football radar' type signings. You need a balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    That is exactly what was happening last season. Some players can consider themeslves lucky still to be in the squad incl the our Portugese hero !!
    What really causes disharmony is playing players out of position whilst the players in the squad whose positions these are those being occupied by others. There were plenty of examples last season under NA and perhaps more so IB.
    It doesnt work in the long run.
    With IB he was having to make his system work with the wrong players and did so pretty well. Hopefully we can get a couple of our targets and move on. whether it will be enough time will tell

I see Andy Carroll has left Newcastle...

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I see Andy Carroll has left Newcastle...
    We have a number of former Newcastle Academy players so he’s an obvious target 😂

Interesting to see who the two signings are that will be, hopefully, signing this week. Based on what IB as previously stated, I assuming a CM and a forward. Free agents that Notts have worked hard on. Some interesting names currently out of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Interesting to see who the two signings are that will be, hopefully, signing this week. Based on what IB as previously stated, I assuming a CM and a forward. Free agents that Notts have worked hard on. Some interesting names currently out of contract.
    He never said free agents, he said there was no fee involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He never said free agents, he said there was no fee involved!
    Correct. Assumption on my part… no fee equals out of contract.

If a player was under contract and their current club are happy for them to leave on free, that could be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We have a number of former Newcastle Academy players so he’s an obvious target 😂
    You wish

Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast