+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Talking about transfers, does anyone know if Gealish has signed for Man City, suspect his cut of £100 million will help his bank account?

If he has good luck to him.
    Don't we technically get a cut of that also? Or is that what you were saying?

It's difficult this as the club are doing their business very privately indeed. However, I have just seen someone that looked suspiciously like Harry Kane in the back of a car travelling in excess of the speed limit on the A453 towards Clifton. F5 at the ready.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Are we thinking/hoping along the same lines, KK? As in, ''We've not spoken to him as he is under contact to another club''? Or am I letting my far too fertile imagination run away with moi?
    I think we are and I’m happy to let our imaginations take take over. It puts me in a happy place.

Burchnall doesn’t strike me as someone who’ll accept 2nd best. I’m pretty convinced that he would speak to the owners and advise them that a quality forward could be the difference between automatic promotion and the playoff lottery. In turn, I’m pretty confident the owners will support Burchnall’s judgement. The season ticket sales and general good feeling around the club is a great platform to kick on from.

I do believe that the financial ripple effect from COVID may have forced a club into a change of heart with regards to selling.

Whoever we sign, I’ll support Burchnall’s and our clubs decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Talking about transfers, does anyone know if Gealish has signed for Man City, suspect his cut of £100 million will help his bank account?

If he has good luck to him.
    No he hasn’t. Unlike Kane he returned to training. The rumour amongst Villa fans is that Villa won’t stand in his way BUT if he chooses to stay he will be offered 200k a week.
    To me that’s how players and clubs should act especially when the offer is a reasonable offer to buy the player.
    It bothers me when players at the top end sign 4/5 year deals and then 12 months later try to force a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    No he hasn’t. Unlike Kane he returned to training. The rumour amongst Villa fans is that Villa won’t stand in his way BUT if he chooses to stay he will be offered 200k a week.
    To me that’s how players and clubs should act especially when the offer is a reasonable offer to buy the player.
    It bothers me when players at the top end sign 4/5 year deals and then 12 months later try to force a move.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    It's difficult this as the club are doing their business very privately indeed. However, I have just seen someone that looked suspiciously like Harry Kane in the back of a car travelling in excess of the speed limit on the A453 towards Clifton. F5 at the ready.
    Anyone seen Chris Kamara? Press conference at 2:00pm?

tbh i'd rather have Lawrie Dudfield back...
    Last edited by KPie; 02-08-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Are we thinking/hoping along the same lines, KK? As in, ''We've not spoken to him as he is under contact to another club''? Or am I letting my far too fertile imagination run away with moi?
    You could be right. IB didn't say definitely no. He just said he's under contract at another club. He also didn't want to alert other clubs when pressed for an answer yesterday regarding a striker. IB has definitely got something up his sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    You could be right. IB didn't say definitely no. He just said he's under contract at another club. He also didn't want to alert other clubs when pressed for an answer yesterday regarding a striker. IB has definitely got something up his sleeve.
    I’d be pretty stunned if that happened....this player had far bigger clubs interested!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Just our own research. Why would you be underwhelmed? I spoke to a friend of mine who's on the board at Aldershot and he said he would have JBA back in a flash, he would be very good for any NL club hence why he's currently training with promotion hopefuls Chesterfield.

Hooper has moved around a bit but has great pedigree for this level is still only 27 and has played at L1 level as well. Again, we need to remember we are talking about players that would be squad support for our first choice striker or could do a job alongside him if we ever play 2 up top. Doesn't mean to say they are on the clubs radar, just players we have watched and enquired about that we feel could do a job for Notts.
    Hooper’s one of those players that only ever seem to score against us.

Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast