+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Some Chesterfield fans on that Bobs Board seem to think they might be signing Andrew Dallas (Cambridge striker, heavily linked with us) to replace Mitchell. Be an interesting signing if it happens.
    He has recently signed a new contract at Cambridge.

Maybe so they can get a fee for him?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Erm .....

There is no doubt that IB is building a squad, not just a team. He has obviously decided that Wootton will be his first choice, so I see no point in going for a marquee signing who would possibly take his place. In getting someone who could play in his place if he is out then IB has done the right thing.

At the beginning I doubted IB but have to say that he seems far better than I expected. The big test imo will be how happy he can keep all the players. There seems to be a good team-spirit though and I think that having Doyle as his no. 2 will only enhance that.

I reckon it could be a really good season.
    Seems I was wrong, does seem a bit of an underwhelming signing to be fair. Give him a chance though but would have been nice to have an experienced reliable goal scorer in the ranks. I'm a big fan of Wootton but he's still a young forward himself and still has a lot of the pressure to lead the line

Experienced reliable goal scorers tend to look a bit higher than the NL, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Some Chesterfield fans on that Bobs Board seem to think they might be signing Andrew Dallas (Cambridge striker, heavily linked with us) to replace Mitchell. Be an interesting signing if it happens.

Possibly on loan, he was at Weymouth last season. Still only 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Seems I was wrong, does seem a bit of an underwhelming signing to be fair. Give him a chance though but would have been nice to have an experienced reliable goal scorer in the ranks. I'm a big fan of Wootton but he's still a young forward himself and still has a lot of the pressure to lead the line
    Young striker yes. Inexperienced no. This is a guy that has played 160plus games in his career. He currently averages 1 goal in 4 games over that career BUT a little worse than 1 in 2 at Notts, so I would say he is reliable.
    The fact he has been given the Vice Captains role tells me how highly IB rates him.
    Yes he misses chances, but gets on the end of them. At some point he will be very prolific and their is no reason why he can’t score 30 a season, let alone 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Young striker yes. Inexperienced no. This is a guy that has played 160plus games in his career. He currently averages 1 goal in 4 games over that career BUT a little worse than 1 in 2 at Notts, so I would say he is reliable.
    The fact he has been given the Vice Captains role tells me how highly IB rates him.
    Yes he misses chances, but gets on the end of them. At some point he will be very prolific and their is no reason why he can’t score 30 a season, let alone 20.
    It would be nice if he scored 20. According to the BBC he scored 17 in 44 league games last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Experienced reliable goal scorers tend to look a bit higher than the NL, IMO.
    Very accurate assessment . I think some posters adhere to the " erection in a convent " philosophy - the triumph of hope over expectation

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    It would be nice if he scored 20. According to the BBC he scored 17 in 44 league games last season.
    He will never have a better chance. He will have 2 of the best attacking midfielders in the NL supplying him. As well as a manager that wants us to play attacking football on the front foot.

He will never have a better chance. He will have 2 of the best attacking midfielders in the NL supplying him. As well as a manager that wants us to play attacking football on the front foot.
    Let's hope so. I hope he scores 30.

Never said Wootton was inexperienced, just said he was a young forward that is pretty much having to lead the line on his own will lead to him feeling under pressure at times during the season when things aren't going so well

Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast