+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Humour - 10/10

If serious question… we do, if Brooks goes out on loan.
    I don't think we do especially if IB isn't going with a keeper on the bench. TB would be training with us and if we can take the risk without a keeper on the bench I reckon it is far less likely that Slocombe would be injured in the warm up.

My fear with Brookes going out on loan is that it would need to be a club who play it out from the back and that will be hard to find in going down the leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I don't think we do especially if IB isn't going with a keeper on the bench. TB would be training with us and if we can take the risk without a keeper on the bench I reckon it is far less likely that Slocombe would be injured in the warm up.

My fear with Brookes going out on loan is that it would need to be a club who play it out from the back and that will be hard to find in going down the leagues.
    Politely, I disagree. Understand the point re no keeper on the bench. Our keepers distribution is so important to the way we play, you couldn’t just bring someone in at short notice. Similar point to the one you raise re Brooks going out on loan to a club with a similar style of play.

Additionally, I believe Burchnall as stated he prefers 3 keepers from a training perspective. I don’t believe his numbers include Kean.

In terms of potential clubs for Brooks, I raised the point in an earlier post. If there isn’t a club with a similar style play, Notts won’t let him go out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    TPM, I get your point as Dennis is a consistent 1 in 3 man but it is a different scenario now. We were set up not to concede not to score goals last season under the former manager that certainly didn't help matters in the GF column. As we have seen IB isn't approaching it in the same way or even close.

Plus we shouldn't be relying on Wootton + 1 for goals, certainly not when you have Roberts and/or Rodders in the side.

Ask yourself this who would you rather go into this season with Enzio and Dennis or Roberts and Rodrigues ignoring anything to do with finances purely football? For me it is a very easy answer.
    Personally i would rather have Dennis and Roberts, if we had an attacking midfield to supply them, we would have gained promotion, which we nearly did with a defensive outlook
    Lat season we were weaker without them

Not only that in the final against Harragate , after the first half, Dennis was taken off without hardly a touch on the ball, what a waste ..

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Personally i would rather have Dennis and Roberts, if we had an attacking midfield to supply them, we would have gained promotion, which we nearly did with a defensive outlook
    Lat season we were weaker without them
    That wasn't one of the options on offer and you've included a big IF too but I see where you are going Davy.

Which duo would you take for this upcoming season between Enzio and Dennis or Roberts and Rodrigues?

Not only that in the final against Harragate , after the first half, Dennis was taken off without hardly a touch on the ball, what a waste ..
    I saw some away games that season where he also hardly touched the ball.

The Enzio for Dennis substitution was a good one we instantly looked better and far more threatening against Harrogate.

God that play off final seems a long time ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I saw some away games that season where he also hardly touched the ball.

The Enzio for Dennis substitution was a good one we instantly looked better and far more threatening against Harrogate.

God that play off final seems a long time ago now.
    Generally speaking i did not rate Enzio much during his time at Notts, he was overpaid for his contribution in my opinion, i do not think he will be a great loss to Notts ,

Generally speaking i did not rate Enzio much during his time at Notts, he was overpaid for his contribution in my opinion, i do not think he will be a great loss to Notts ,
    Enzio was a luxury player, luxury players only work in teams where you have 10 other hard workers otherwise you will invariably lose. He'd have been perfect in the Munto squad as there was enough grind and grit to cover for him when he wasn't on it and enough quality for him to work with when he was

So you would pick Roberts and Rodrigues over Dennis and Enzio for the upcoming season if that were the options?

Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast