+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

A sound move so Kean it is then as backup

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    A sound move so Kean it is then as backup
    You honestly think we will go in to the season with 2 keepers, one of which is a coach?
    A keeper will almost definitely sign and one that will be good enough to challenge Slocombe.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with a keeper that’s been released by an U23s side. Who was the keeper at Newcastle when Cal was there? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    You honestly think we will go in to the season with 2 keepers, one of which is a coach?
    A keeper will almost definitely sign and one that will be good enough to challenge Slocombe.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with a keeper that’s been released by an U23s side. Who was the keeper at Newcastle when Cal was there? 😁
    Just have a look at recent keepers at either Chesterfield, Harrogate or Torquay...

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Just have a look at recent keepers at either Chesterfield, Harrogate or Torquay...
    Or some lad who was released from The Leicester/Man Citeh academy and you've found your man.
    Last edited by countygump; 05-08-2021 at 08:49 AM.

What is the point of signing a keeper from an U23 side though as they wont have experience either.

Brooks should be trusted to be number 2 keeper otherwise why give him a pro contract.

We need to move away from all this "experience" rubbish it didnt do us much good the last 3-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Brooks can go out on loan and still be effectively our player. It’d be to a part time side, so he would do most of his training here still, and we’d put in a recall clause in case Slocombe got injured.

I don’t really see the point of signing a reserve goalkeeper, seems a bit like throwing money down the drain if we’re not going to have one on the bench. If Slocombe gets injured then play Brooks if we think he’s ready for our level, or get an emergency loan if we don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    What is the point of signing a keeper from an U23 side though as they wont have experience either.

Brooks should be trusted to be number 2 keeper otherwise why give him a pro contract.

We need to move away from all this "experience" rubbish it didnt do us much good the last 3-5 years.
    It’s not about trusting him, it’s about his development. Burchnall will make a decision if it’s better to keep Brooks at Notts as understudy with limited game time or let him go out on loan and play more games. If it’s the latter, Notts will have the ability to recall. But, will need to sign another keeper.

Another factor will be the potential clubs wanting to take him on loan. Notts won’t let him go to someone that just boots the ball forward.

I thought Burch gave an interview that addressed this? I am sure he said Brooks would be going out on loan but would do all his training at Notts in the week and that there would be a recall clause in case of injury to Sam
    Last edited by calmpie; 05-08-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    It’s not about trusting him, it’s about his development. Burchnall will make a decision if it’s better to keep Brooks at Notts as understudy with limited game time or let him go out on loan and play more games. If it’s the latter, Notts will have the ability to recall. But, will need to sign another keeper.

Another factor will be the potential clubs wanting to take him on loan. Notts won’t let him go to someone that just boots the ball forward.
    I think the decisions more or less made as I think Jake Keane said he would go out on loan but train at Notts. Maybe it’s a case they will just monitor the situation, I.e after the first 3 months he’s excelling then if Slocombe gets injured they put him in, but his development is key, putting him in net at meadow lane is a big ask and if it went wrong could knock him back months, it’s different for outfield players you can blood them with 10 mins here and there and build on it.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Or some lad who was released from The Leicester/Man Citeh academy and you've found your man.
    Didn't think Kasper had been released 😂

Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast