+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

The Mullin signing is a big coup, but it makes sense for Wrexham in their newly flush position. Even if they're paying him £5-10k a week that's still only £250-500k over the course of a season (or £500k-£1mil over two). I presume there is no transfer fee as he was out of contract and an in-contract player of that ability would probably cost over £1million.

I'm still happier with the business we've done overall though. One player doesn't make a team. But clearly with his goals they will be up there at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    He's a strange one. I don't think Cambridge fans are that bothered about him, despite his goals. Don't think he does very much in games and like others have said, he has only really ever had one good season. All of Wrexham's other signings have been poor IMO. Maybe they are following the American system of signing one headline player on big money and putting their eggs in one basket.
    You are only as good as your last game (or season)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    The Mullin signing is a big coup, but it makes sense for Wrexham in their newly flush position. Even if they're paying him £5-10k a week that's still only £250-500k over the course of a season (or £500k-£1mil over two). I presume there is no transfer fee as he was out of contract and an in-contract player of that ability would probably cost over £1million.

I'm still happier with the business we've done overall though. One player doesn't make a team. But clearly with his goals they will be up there at the end of the season.
    If this means we live more in Wrexham's shadow , and become less of " the team to beat" , it could do us a favour

I think Mullins is a gamble - Not consistently prolific and not as big a coup as Wrexham may think (May surprise us, but I personally doubt it)

Quote Originally Posted by BadPie View Post
    I think Mullins is a gamble - Not consistently prolific and not as big a coup as Wrexham may think (May surprise us, but I personally doubt it)
    Wish we had him thats for sure!!!

We could have our very own mullins in the shape of wootton cos with the players now around him am expecting him to get plenty chances

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Wish we had him thats for sure!!!
    Same here, would be delighted. It would also mean a different formation and approach but clearly a talent and in great form.

Not that we could ever afford him or anywhere close now we are run properly as a club. Rightly the 'budget dictates'.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    He's a strange one. I don't think Cambridge fans are that bothered about him, despite his goals. Don't think he does very much in games and like others have said, he has only really ever had one good season. All of Wrexham's other signings have been poor IMO. Maybe they are following the American system of signing one headline player on big money and putting their eggs in one basket.
    Not sure that not doing very much mattered when he got 30+ goals and promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Great to hear about Roberts significant involvement in the recent training sessions.

Also nice to hear a proper direct question asked which the fans have been asking regarding more competition to Wootton up top. IBs response was encouraging and clearly something the the club are exploring options. The obvious shortfall has been identified it's just can we get that physical forward in.

Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast