+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Rightly or wrongly, that kind of player is becoming much less valued in modern football, particularly for coaches like Burchnall.
    With each minute, hour, day and month that passes since Dennis' departure from the Lane, his reputation grows ever more into folklore. Give it another couple of years and people will have placed him alongside Les Bradd and Tommy Lawton in our history.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    With each minute, hour, day and month that passes since Dennis' departure from the Lane, his reputation grows ever more into folklore. Give it another couple of years and people will have placed him alongside Les Bradd and Tommy Lawton in our history.
    Amazing innit. I thought Dennis was a decent player, but he scored at pretty much the same rate for us as Mitchell did for King’s Lynn last season. He struggled to get into the team at times. You’d think he was Alan Shearer the way people go on about him.

Underwhelmed.

i wonder how we let Chesterfield beat us to him last year, he must have been a target before then.

i am surprised no one picked up Sam Barratt from Maidenhead.. seemed a good player last year. Signed a new 2 yr deal with them in June.

This...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pie_Man View Post
    Underwhelmed.
    Well, I must admit, I am a little bit. But that being said, best of luck to the lad and welcome to Notts, he's one of ours now. I remember MadDog saying, ''You need young, hungry players to get you out of the National League'' and he was right, but he said the 10 years ago and this League has moved on somewhat since then.

. So true.

I'd choose Rodders>Dennis for the season ahead every day of the week including Saturdays.

Saying that I hope Dennis has a better time of it at St Mitten than last season very unlucky with injuries it seemed as his playing stats showed.

Chessie fans take on the transfer. Just as a matter of interest, how many ex Leicester academy players have we signed? Anyone know?

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=68195

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Chessie fans take on the transfer. Just as a matter of interest, how many ex Leicester academy players have we signed? Anyone know?

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=68195
    First one I think. Sherif was as well who we had on trial.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Amazing innit. I thought Dennis was a decent player, but he scored at pretty much the same rate for us as Mitchell did for King’s Lynn last season. He struggled to get into the team at times. You’d think he was Alan Shearer the way people go on about him.
    Let's get this straight. I thought Dennis was bang average for us and offered little return for the investment. But he was a poacher, a fox in the box. Wootton's misses on Saturday highlight that we still do not have one of those in the squad. Rodders is talented and exciting, but he does not operate in the box. I think last season that was where we went wrong, particularly after IB arrived. We created lots of chances but Wootton missed too many of them.

You may think football has moved on, but I disagree. You need a player who gets into the box to score the tap ins.

Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast