+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Patching

i claim some credit for his move to Dundalk, he is on loan at Derry... i sent his details to a good mate of the then manager (back as manager again now).

id say the best teams are l2 but most are NL level. a few ex L1 or L2 players over here now. a couple ex notts players .. G. Burke (one of better players in the league), R. Murray still playing. S Aborah had a spell as did ex manager Sheridan at Waterford. Hoban ex Mansfield plays with Dundalk too.

I think the answer is in how many Irish league players are playing international football.

In short it's rubbish.

the irish league is different to the league of ireland. There are a few with international caps playing in the league of Ireland, boyle burke and mandroiu (recent squad) and Byrne was in the irish squad but is now playing in Cyprus.

If the top teams are only L2 standard its not a great league bit Dundalk made the europa league grp stages last year which isnt too bad which loses its best players to england and Scotland at a young age

Just scored a winner in 90+2 for Dundalk in Europa. Dundalk progess 4-3 agg.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    That would be Jake Reeves
    Jake Bugg?

Quote Originally Posted by flukieireland View Post
    Just scored a winner in 90+2 for Dundalk in Europa. Dundalk progess 4-3 agg.
    Just beat me to it , was looking at who they have next , Vitesse of Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Just beat me to it , was looking at who they have next , Vitesse of Holland.
    Saw the game and it was a great watch, Patching looked very tidy and took his goal well... another Irish team called Bohemians trashed their Luxembourg opponents last night too... would love to see a couple of Irish teams make the group stages... I see Bohemians have made 850000 for getting to the 3rd knockout stage, that's some money

The League of Ireland is very poor except for one or two of the Dublin clubs. I watch Cobh Ramblers who play in division one and it’s very much an amateur level. Cork City, who only a couple of years ago are now next to bottom of the first division and are really struggling both on and off the field.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12