+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: another signing

Nice to have another CB signed. Just hope that the 2 experienced ones can guide and advise our 2 young ones. Still believe that Sass-Davies is the future.

Interesting that Gazan has possibly similar views re our midfield. The one exception I have is the view that Charlie needs to pull his finger out. He has for the last 2 seasons been by far our most consistent attacking player on a regular basis. Would suggest that comment fits his favourite midfielder much more. Believe we are in desperate need of a team playmaker and another CB.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    From rumour to signing. Tommie Hoban, a 27 year old CH becomes a red. But has he got an goals in him. Not, looking at his record.

Do we need any more? We know what Lukcour thinks (above), what about you?

How many goals have we got in the side? Mandron did well for his 13 but he's a worker/target man rather than a goalscorer. Maybe Finney can be the one this season if he stays injury free. However, that limits the midfield as his impact there is minimal. Charlie will need to pull his finger out this year. He will need to hit a few rather than aiming for the photogenic curlers. Ainley has to finally start delivering and getting into the box where he could be a penalty magnet. Lowery also needs to up his quota. Finally Dale, if he's still here, needs to push on.
    Surely DA has signed Long to score the goals off Mandron's shoulder.

Looking at the Aberdeen forums, they seem to rate Hoban, BUT has a poor injury record, ACL's and Hamstrings letting him down. Should be interesting with him and Don as CH's.

His injuries seem to have cleared up as he played 40 odd matches for them last season.

I think the signings have been excellent, we now have experience and youth in the squad. Getting Hoban aged 27 years is the one for me . We have all been talking about outfield players but I would like a new keeper as both of ours are average at best . As the new seasons gets closer I feel we are in for exciting period of football at the club. The board with a new chairman appears to be more focused on and off the field . I feel this is why we are attracting quality players.

I certainly agree that Richards is average and should be replaced by a keeper who can definitely challenge for, and hold down, a first team place. The change of personnel at board level has certainly served to draw a line under the old regime. I agree that this must have a significant impact on the impression prospective signings form of the club. Also, I expect DA is very persuasive when selling the positive attributes of the club.

So hopefully we can look to an exciting season on and off the field . The club appears to be in good hands and ambitious. What are other fans views on our two goal keepers. I just feel they have potential but have not taken the steps forward that we expect to see. We have in the past attracted very good quality keeps on loan who have made it later in the premiership. Should we not try this route again and see what is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    So hopefully we can look to an exciting season on and off the field . The club appears to be in good hands and ambitious. What are other fans views on our two goal keepers. I just feel they have potential but have not taken the steps forward that we expect to see. We have in the past attracted very good quality keeps on loan who have made it later in the premiership. Should we not try this route again and see what is out there.
    I think DA has done well in signing new players he needed to strengthen in all areas, but he didn't need to waste resources on new goal keepers, we have 2 decent keepers, who may never be good enough to play for there national sides, but DA has consistently backed them and that is good enough for me. What is more important is having a decent defence and DA has addressed that area and I do believe that our centre half combination will be much better next season, cant do anything about losing our best full backs, but we do now have options in those positions.

I tend to agree with Gobstopper on this one. It’s a question of priorities and Will, whilst not a world beater, is far from the worst keeper I saw on iPlayer last season! We also shouldn’t ignore the fact that keepers tend to mature later in life; his dad certainly did and one only has to look at Ben Garratt holding down his place at Burton after arriving as 2nd or 3rd choice to surmise that Will has plenty of time to improve. He remains a good shot stopper, his decision making perhaps needs some work (!) but his bravery can’t be questioned- for a relatively little fella he will come and punch it clear - sort of reminds me of the current England keeper!!

Richards I’m not so sure about, but I believe we have a young lad who is currently third choice. DA doesn’t seem concerned, so neither am I.

Sorry but have to disagree with the above comments . Our current goalkeepers are the week link in the team. Will does not control, those in front of him by using his voice and does not control his 6 yard box at all preferring to stay on his line .That's why the opposition put the ball into the 6 yard box on corners etc to test him. On paper we now have a strong defence but it cannot wait to see if either keeper matures in to being a better keeper as they will have all have moved on. We need to act now . Both are good shoot stoppers but that's it for me - average but not outstanding.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast