+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: another signing

Another signing… and another midfielder! Last thing I expected so either Dave is disappointed in MacDonald or Lowery has been told to do one! Or possibly both.

Interestingly the OS describes him as. Left sided defender, which we need of course, whilst the BBC website call him a versatile midfielder or left wing back. Ah well, we shall see…..
    Last edited by AstonAlex; 30-07-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Nothing to do with midfield lol, although Lowery won't sign. McFadzean is a left back/wing back.

Quite a chequered career. Started with Sheff U Academy. Had a few loans. Released. Went to Kilmarnock. Year later for Alfreton Town. Released. Went to Guiseley. Went to Bury them followed Ryan Lowe to Plymouth. Refused to extend contract. Went to Sunderland for a one year contract and played 25 times, scoring twice. Some interesting ups and downs! Maybe needs a club like Crewe to help him settle down. Hope it works! At least we now have 2 players to compete for LB and Artell said he didn't expect Rio to play all games this season.
    Welcome!

Lowery to Charlton next week

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Lowery to Charlton next week
    Apparently their director of football Steve Gallen spent the other day in Crewe, driving speculation that he has Lowery Kirk and Dale in his sights.I must add that I have gleaned this info from their forum so is to taken with a pinch of salt.

Do we get the 400,000 the agent wanted?

I’m guessing we get whatever Dave and the Board have set his minimum price. The agent will negotiate personal terms as and when the clubs have agreed a fee, which has sod all to do with him! Especially if DA doesn’t like him!!

Why would anybody be interested in signing TL at the moment.

He has not been one of the outstanding performers for the Alex (unlike Wintle), with even people on this site disagreeing over whether he should even be in the first team.

Also he is under contract and so any move would involve a fee, there are literally hundreds of players out there who are out of contract and so would cost alot less than Tom.

I do not see any way out of this one for him without alot of grovelling, firstly to management and then to the fans. It would be interesting to see/hear his reception if he played again.

I do hope it is Lowery. If correct it will mean that the board and manager have done the right thing and stuck to their principles. It was essential that the club should give a clear message to all of our young players. Lowery`s behaviour seems to have really annoyed the majority of our supporters and imagine their response will be "good riddance".

Good move by our club. Get some money for him, and save on his wages. No need to replace him and think he has done our club a favour. Doubt he would have been in the team this season as Lundstram is a far better prospect.

At last! Terrell Thomas signs! But only for a year.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast