+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: another signing

another signing

Kayne Ramsay from Southampton on season loan. An attacking right back. Was under 18 captain. Sounds an interesting prospect. Wish him good luck.

Released by Chelsea Academy to Southampton. Hasn't gained a place there, been on loans including to Shrewsbury. Apparently, has pace (which will be good as I hope we follow the German model from the Euros) but Travis must be wondering what DA has got against him.
    Any CHs in the pipeline???

seems he played for Saints in 0-9 drubbing against Man U.

However, reading bits about him and comments from Saints supporters, I wouldn't be surprised, should he perform well, if he were recalled at some point.

I don’t see why either of our young FBs should be disappointed. Dave was always going to sign at least one FB and, in signing a youngster on loan, I would suggest that shows there is competition for places - bringing in an experienced player who might expect to play regularly would surely be more of a threat? It also shows Dave must see Offord as a first choice CB (or holding MF).

As regards a recall, I hope we have secured the sort of deal that either doesn’t allow it, or only has a break during the January transfer window. Still, as has been pointed out, we have TJ in reserve.

Good luck to Ramsay - I hope he does impress Saints… but that Walker-Peters doesn’t get a serious injury!

Shaun Mc Donald, midfielder from Rotherham. 2 yr deal. Anyone know anything about how/where he plays?

When will we hear about a CH?

I guess he’s the replacement for Wintle… at least until one of the youngsters steps up.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    I guess he’s the replacement for Wintle… at least until one of the youngsters steps up.
    Looks that way:

Experienced midfielder Shaun MacDonald has joined Crewe Alexandra on a two-year contract.

The 33-year-old, who boasts strong experience at higher levels with Swansea City, Bournemouth and Wigan Athletic, has arrived on a free transfer after leaving Rotherham United.

Shaun, who has earned four caps for Wales, helped the Millers win promotion from League One in 2019-20.

The Welshman, who operates centrally in midfield, made his debut at Swansea in 2005 and played on loan in several spells with Yeovil Town, before switching to Bournemouth in 2011.

There, Shaun helped the Cherries win promotion to the Premier League and represented the club in the top flight before moving to Wigan in 2016.

Three seasons at Wigan followed, before his two-year stint with Rotherham. Now Shaun has become David Artell's third new addition of the summer, following forward Christopher Long and defender Kayne Ramsey.

Believe we need another 3 signings. 2 CB`s and 1 attacking midfielder. One experienced CB and 2 young ones is what we have. Personally I would prefer Sass-Davies to Offord. Believe he has better movement, definitely better passing and superior in the air.
    In the attacking midfield area we have Ainley, Finney and Lowery. Ainley technically is excellent but lacks consistency. Finney is good for goals but lacks effort and is poor at combining with other players. Lowery is all hustle and bustle (which I understand some supporters love) but in truth has very little end product. So that is why I feel we need another 3 players.

Have high expectations of Lundstram Think he will be better than the 3 above. Bit too early to include Griffiths but has the potential.

Also looking forward to seeing Adebisi at LB this season. Womder if he will combine as well with Kirk?

From rumour to signing. Tommie Hoban, a 27 year old CH becomes a red. But has he got an goals in him. Not, looking at his record.

Do we need any more? We know what Lukcour thinks (above), what about you?

How many goals have we got in the side? Mandron did well for his 13 but he's a worker/target man rather than a goalscorer. Maybe Finney can be the one this season if he stays injury free. However, that limits the midfield as his impact there is minimal. Charlie will need to pull his finger out this year. He will need to hit a few rather than aiming for the photogenic curlers. Ainley has to finally start delivering and getting into the box where he could be a penalty magnet. Lowery also needs to up his quota. Finally Dale, if he's still here, needs to push on.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast