+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodrigues player of season

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    This player is a primary example of how to get the best out of someone. Woefully used and managed for 2/3 of the season once he was given an opportunity to press the reset button and given the role he required he was unstoppable.
    That’s why he wouldn’t get my vote. He was largely ineffective until Ardley had gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That’s why he wouldn’t get my vote. He was largely ineffective until Ardley had gone.
    I'd disagree with "largely ineffective''. I think he showed us in the first 2/3s of the season that he was our most talented player.

That's why I was hopping mad and pulling my hair out when he was pushed out of the squad completely. And if it wasn't for his play on returning, all of goals, assists, general play, we would have finished way out of the play-off places. Yeah there was a slump in the middle, but the prevailing view is that this was due to mismanagement.

So for me, the promise of his first few months and the storming end of the season make 'player of the season' a no-brainer IMO, nobody else comes close really.

He's had obvious talent, shown throughout the season, as highlighted with that comprehensive scouting report that was shown on here months ago.

IB clearly managed him well, openly challenged him when he first arrived , and knows where to play him to get the most out of him unlike NA. Regardless his quality wasn't hard to spot, even though I was mocked by one person for suggesting he had clear "sell on" potential (if required).

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'd disagree with "largely ineffective''. I think he showed us in the first 2/3s of the season that he was our most talented player.

That's why I was hopping mad and pulling my hair out when he was pushed out of the squad completely. And if it wasn't for his play on returning, all of goals, assists, general play, we would have finished way out of the play-off places. Yeah there was a slump in the middle, but the prevailing view is that this was due to mismanagement.

So for me, the promise of his first few months and the storming end of the season make 'player of the season' a no-brainer IMO, nobody else comes close really.
    100% agree. We would have been nowhere near the playoffs without RRs end of season form.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    100% agree. We would have been nowhere near the playoffs without RRs end of season form.
    And the players, player award goes to............

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Is there a player for end of season reward?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    He certainly showed he had talent but his influence on games was minimal, hence the term “largely ineffective”. For me the player of the season thing is based on 42+ games, so Ruben wouldn’t make my top three. If he plays all of next season the way he did in the last third of this, he will be a very serious contender next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Is there a player for end of season reward?
    Many of the other games before RR and everyone else started doing their stuff were so boring they sent me to sleep, so I haven’t got a clue who played well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast