+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodrigues player of season

Rodrigues player of season

Player of the Season Ruben Rodrigues joined us via Zoom from his family home in the Netherlands.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...season-220621/

Love Ruben, really hope he stays with us and we go up together.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Love Ruben, really hope he stays with us and we go up together.
    A very well-deserved award.

RR was getting better & better as the season drew to a close. Him and Cal could be lethal!

Awwww. Love him. Family man, very honest. Must have been hard for him to come over here in Covid. Well done Ruben mate.

Ruuuuuuuuuben!!!

Good choice once he was unfettered.

Yeah he was my pick for sure, well deserved IMO.

This player is a primary example of how to get the best out of someone. Woefully used and managed for 2/3 of the season once he was given an opportunity to press the reset button and given the role he required he was unstoppable and will be a major asset next season. If Roberts is back as well with him and Wootton up front I think we will score a hell of a lot of goals whatever happens. Not sure how many we will conceed though!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    This player is a primary example of how to get the best out of someone. Woefully used and managed for 2/3 of the season
    Doesn't bear thinking about.
    If we'd have used his talent better through the season, we might have snagged a higher place than 5th.
    Considering how close the Torquay game was, the margins are so fine a different play off route might have delivered promotion for us.
    My view? Ruben arrived with fantastic talent but not the gravitas to make Ardley and the senior pros accept they had to build the team around him and there was nobody at the club to say 'what the hell are you doing?'

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Doesn't bear thinking about.
    If we'd have used his talent better through the season, we might have snagged a higher place than 5th.
    Considering how close the Torquay game was, the margins are so fine a different play off route might have delivered promotion for us.
    My view? Ruben arrived with fantastic talent but not the gravitas to make Ardley and the senior pros accept they had to build the team around him and there was nobody at the club to say 'what the hell are you doing?'
    It's an interesting view. I don't think Roberts arrived with the fantastic talent and gravitas either though ( we did not know what we were getting) but he was managed correctly and he was played in the correct position by Neal. And that made a massive difference. I just don't think he is a good asset for a defensively minded manager. I certainly do not want to open up the Ardley debate yet again as Neal probably got much better results out of the likes of Rawlinson than IB will. Although a player like Rodrigues will always have the potential to win you a lot more matches than Connell will save you.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast