+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eng Vs Czech Republic

Eng Vs Czech Republic

My god this is tedious. The similarities between how this England team is playing and Ardleyball are more evident with every game. Kane is isolated and we are creating nothing. Slow sideways and backwards passing until one of the defenders lumps it forward and loses possession. How can we make such quick and dangerous players look so toothless.

This tournament is a damp squib for me. It has no heart and the quality has been generally poor. It needs to take place in one country IMO. I've found myself turning games off.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    My god this is tedious. The similarities between how this England team is playing and Ardleyball are more evident with every game. Kane is isolated and we are creating nothing. Slow sideways and backwards passing until one of the defenders lumps it forward and loses possession. How can we make such quick and dangerous players look so toothless.

This tournament is a damp squib for me. It has no heart and the quality has been generally poor. It needs to take place in one country IMO. I've found myself turning games off.

Here's me thinking there had be a SLIGHT improvement. More forward passing and slightly more attacking intent. You could have bet your house he was gonna take Grealish off at some point.

It is scarily reminiscent of Ardleyball. Saka has been great though. Harry Kane looks like he’s forgotten how to play football.

Just got to hope we’re better against better teams.

The Czechs might have got the best deal out of this, finishing 3rd avoids playing one of the Group F teams. England do get to play their next game at Wembley though.

A functional win against modest opposition.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think that’s as good as we are.

Yes , it really is like watching Notts under NA..Actually don't mind the format of all the different locations but having some teams like England seemingly getting home advantage all the way it seems a little unfair. Should be a neutral venue all the way through apart from Semis and Final which I guess is decided earlier..

We ain't going any further than the next game, dire yet again

If Germany or Italy had done what England have in this group stage you’d say they were looking pretty ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    If Germany or Italy had done what England have in this group stage you’d say they were looking pretty ominous.
    Doesn't fit the standard narrative of putting ourselves down though.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Doesn't fit the standard narrative of putting ourselves down though.
    It’s like people have never watched a major tournament before. France won the last World Cup after a group stage of two narrow wins over Australia and Peru, and a goalless draw with Denmark. Portugal won the last Euros after draws in the group stage with Hungary, Austria and Iceland. Germany the World Cup before that after a group stage draw with Ghana and 1-0 win over the USA. It’s the same for every single one you look at.

England are dull and pragmatic. They’re no more dull or pragmatic than any winner of a tournament in the last 20 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast