+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clark Robertson

Clark Robertson

Watcha people, not been on this fair site for a while and hope everyone is getting through life as best they can.
    Pompey have just signed the aforementioned. Anything to get excited about or are you well rid?
    Cheers

If you can keep him fit he's a good player.
    Deff a very good league 1 player ,. Arguably a champ std player
    Problem for the Millers he played 2 games then missed 10 games.

Agree with Cayton but how did he pass his fitness test?

Probably go on and have a good season without injuries

Good luck to him

Yep, totally as said above. He is undoubtedly a class defender, with genuine quality.

But, alas, he appears to be made out of pipe cleaners. He is constantly, and I mean constantly, injured. I was talking to someone who has an insight into the club and he told me that Robertson only wants to play when he feels 100% fit and, by all accounts, no professional footballer is ever 100% fit once they've played a few games.

That said, I'll reiterate, he is a very good player IF you can get him on the pitch.

As an aside, his dad watches him in person every time he plays. Always has throughout his career. His dad lives in Aberdeen! 🙁

Must be watching on IFollow then for over the past 18 months, probably cost him less than 50 quid

Sounds like he’s found Ryan Williams’ treasure map back to the championship.

We were right to let him go, will probably go on and have a great injury free season for them.

Said it before if he had been right sided he would have gone a while ago,True Left sided defenders are invaluable…..we had to balance this with his injury record…and I think the scales tipped too far in that direction for us to maintain …..

mattock is in the same category.,with the left sided versus injuries conundrum…

We've probably had enough of fruitless negotiation and sent him on his way or our wages are not competitive,even at this level. With Mattock hopefully his ankle operation will have sorted a long term issue. If so he should coast through Lge 1 and answer the left back problem which should have been addressed in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    We've probably had enough of fruitless negotiation and sent him on his way or our wages are not competitive,even at this level. With Mattock hopefully his ankle operation will have sorted a long term issue. If so he should coast through Lge 1 and answer the left back problem which should have been addressed in January.
    I doubt it seeing that opposition know he has a weak back and always try and knock it, he’ll have issues before then and probably won’t even start.

We either need to get Clarke up to Warney’s standard (whatever that is) or fetch a new LB in but won’t surprise me if we just patch that area up as usual

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast