Regarding the Reedtz bros' wealth: Did anyone else notice that the B!tcoin (not allowed to write it properly here for some reason) logo was our featured 'sponsor' for one of the home streams last season? We also had the B!tcoin logo on the pitch-side advertising hoarding for a game (maybe multiple games). This isn't the kind of thing you do randomly. Nobody is going to pay you to advertise it. So my assumption was that our owners wanted to promote it.

I know of many 'normal' people who turned a small amount into a small fortune from holding BTC for a few years. If your starting point was as the son of a very wealthy man (from what I understood, he ran an asset management firm that had billions of $ worth of assets under management - perhaps not a billionaire himself, but who knows?), then you could easily turn a small fortune into a large fortune.

Just wild speculation, but it would make sense that our owners, like their father, are savvy investors who know how to use money to make money.

All that said, I don't think our owners' game plan is to spend their way out of the league. Naturally, we're likely to have a bigger budget than most teams at this level, but their entire model is based around getting more for less. Being a non-league Man City would pretty much invalidate everything they are trying to do.

I'm delighted that we get to be the guinea pigs in this rather interesting experiment.