+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heard it all now

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Got to be a wind up surely. M&S wouldn't be so stupid. Would they?
    Quote Originally Posted by OWV View Post
    Perhaps you guys should actually read the M&S statement before you descend into more gutter press garbage.

Delayed response! Thought you had dashed out to purchase a bra and panty set 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    delayed response! Thought you had dashed out to purchase a bra and panty set 🤭
    pmsl 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Delayed response! Thought you had dashed out to purchase a bra and panty set 🤭
    So you haven't read the M&S statement then?

Yes here’s an extract! Me thinks Stevie boy is jumping on the bandwagon as their sales are desperate!! It’s all bollox! White privileged white man - what a knob!! Terms such as 'white privilege' may have contributed to 'neglect' of disadvantaged white pupils, report by MPs finds
    A committee of MPs agreed with the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities that the term can be "divisive". Too right!

From Stevie boy:

Over the past few weeks the whole world has been horrified by the tragic death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. It is remarkable to see protests taking place from Brazil to Indonesia, Australia to the UK, and I can only hope that the senselessness of his death is a catalyst for the world to face into the challenge of systemic racism and take meaningful action.

Of course, I am not just a commentator on this issue. As a privileged white man, and as the CEO of a business of 78,000 colleagues—with different backgrounds, beliefs and ambitions—I’ve been reflecting a lot on what has happened, and what we need to do at M&S.

Desperation of trying to get sales back on track but sales from supermarkets are targeted on demographics!! Do we really think Asda can appeal to Chelsea and Knightsbridge for example!

Did you buy plain or Lacy?
    Last edited by baggieal; 23-06-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Undoubtedly he would have bought ‘plain’; ‘Lacy’ would have been ***ist!

I thought everyone was entitled to an opinion. The double standards on this forum can be quite astonishing at times.

I don’t agree with this white privileged attitude and that I should apologise for being born a white person. None of us had a choice of where or who we were born to. I do believe that race relations could suffer due to all these willowy people making statements which is damaging. However, I respect others may have a different opinion and I would not resort to immature and unnecessary remarks to someone with differing views.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 24-06-2021 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    I thought everyone was entitled to an opinion. The double standards on this forum can be quite astonishing at times.

I don’t agree with this white privileged attitude and that I should apologise for being born a white person. None of us had a choice of where or who we were born to. I do believe that race relations could suffer due to all these willowy people making statements which is damaging. However, I respect others may have a different opinion and I would not resort to immature and unnecessary remarks to someone with differing views.
    Completely agree! I would also like to add that when you get a reaction one way you then have a counter reaction totally in the opposite direction. This is what has happened regarding George Floyd.

You will find that most of the posts about taking the knee ( one example ) are of the view it’s complete bollox and does not belong in sport. If players want to take the knee and it continues then respect to those players who do so - to my knowledge nobody has questioned that! The point though is supporters do have the right to boo and any players should not be pressured to take the knee and they are!

One poster seems to want many posters to explain their reasoning - why the hell should they!! Some think Floyd is a martyr for example but many on this board feel he’s a drug dealing violent thug! Again nobody should have to explain their reasoning one way or the other! The criminal record and police history is factual!

It terms of M and S if the odd poster agrees with their statement about equality and inspiration from Floyd and injustice then great. Many think M & S are off their rocker and the CEO is just trying to win brownie points but again that’s another view. Where people shop is driven by demographics based on price so customers are hardly going to change their shopping habits because of this!

In fact M and S may find some customers shop elsewhere now - again driven by demographics which would be Waitrose for example!

Double standards is those who respect taking the knee and calling those who boo uneducated!

I agree about your point about white privileged. See my last post! White children have actually felt inferior to have this label attached! Whatever skin colour you are - you should feel proud!

I think with terms such as white privilege the objections are almost always coming from being told what you are and then being accused of in this case racism if you dare to disagree. If more subtlety was used with the language it would probably make for a far more constructive debate in public life that would hopefully lead to positive outcomes for those who need a leg-up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)