+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fixtures

Fixtures

...out tomorrow! And league cup and Papa Daft Van Joe's Trophy. Re: the latter, I've seen a rumour that we're in with Wigan and Shrewsbury. Surely that can't be the case as there are no L2 teams in the group - that and we played the Shrews in last year's comp (AND they've been spending a lot of money in the close season).

Who would you like for the opening L1 game? Boxing Day and Easter fixtures? Which game are you looking out for?
    I suppose a lot depends on the Covid situation and the restrictions on crowds. In my area, a lot of people are behaving as if there is no pandemic anymore and a lot are NOT wearing masks on public transport so may be contributing to a negative situation come the season start.

Personally, having seen no live football since March 2120, I can't wait for my first match. Just have to hope the vaccine continues and people see sense.

I know a lot of people ignore the EFL Trophy (Papa John) but as we ARE involved as a club AND there will be an under-21 team playing, who would you prefer. For me, I don't want any BIG clubs as I would like us to progress in the competition and our style of play doesn't rough those kids up enough.

What about the League Cup? For me a home game against Hartlepool, Harrogate, S****horpe or Barrow as long as I can attend. We'll probably get Oldham as we play them in a friendly only a week or so before. Whatever, it would be nice to get as far as the third round in that competition for a change.

Start home to Cheltenham then - Champions of League 2, and League Cup at Hartlepool, Conference play off winners.

Weird indeed that our Trophy group is all League 1 (plus young Wolves) - one of the Southern groups is all League 2.

Boxing Day home to Wigwam.

Did I say I wanted Hartlepool????? But I meant at home!!.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    ...out tomorrow! And league cup and Papa Daft Van Joe's Trophy. Re: the latter, I've seen a rumour that we're in with Wigan and Shrewsbury. Surely that can't be the case as there are no L2 teams in the group - that and we played the Shrews in last year's comp (AND they've been spending a lot of money in the close season).

Who would you like for the opening L1 game? Boxing Day and Easter fixtures? Which game are you looking out for?
    I suppose a lot depends on the Covid situation and the restrictions on crowds. In my area, a lot of people are behaving as if there is no pandemic anymore and a lot are NOT wearing masks on public transport so may be contributing to a negative situation come the season start.

Personally, having seen no live football since March 2120, I can't wait for my first match. Just have to hope the vaccine continues and people see sense.

I know a lot of people ignore the EFL Trophy (Papa John) but as we ARE involved as a club AND there will be an under-21 team playing, who would you prefer. For me, I don't want any BIG clubs as I would like us to progress in the competition and our style of play doesn't rough those kids up enough.

What about the League Cup? For me a home game against Hartlepool, Harrogate, S****horpe or Barrow as long as I can attend. We'll probably get Oldham as we play them in a friendly only a week or so before. Whatever, it would be nice to get as far as the third round in that competition for a change.
    Totally agree and yes it will be good to see the back of them f------ masks. No restrictions on crowds, no masks, its all looking positive for live football next season.

No, I think other people's lives are important, so I'll be wearing my mask

Spot on gazan.

Agree, will be wearing a mask and why not . I value my life and that of other humans above football.