+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it time for us all to pack football in ?

Is it time for us all to pack football in ?

It's just my view , we are taken for granted , accept everything that's thrown towards us , Fan's mean nothing to most clubs now , they really don't care if we attend or not , Money has definitely ruined the game , plus all these rule changes VAR etc, cheating/diving/screaming, covering mouths with hands , it's all deceitful , I honestly wish I could turn back time and watch a good old fashioned match , where players were allowed to tackle , and also celebrate a goal without being booked , THE WHOLE WORLD has gone Loko ,rights wrongs/colour's/ he/she , I'm at a loss as to what will be acceptable anymore , Why is all this Happening ?
    Last edited by Romared; 23-06-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Understand where you are coming from Roma. May be a interesting separate post topic on what we all think what the P League and EF League as it is today will be like by 2025.

In all honesty Roma I try and switch off from it all .

I've totally stopped watching the news or even reading it online .

Our clubs far from perfect but it's better than many , reasonable ST prices and young lads who do give their all for us .

It could be worse , imagine that clown at S6 doing what he's done at Wednesday here .

The world's changed at an alarming pace and I struggle to keep up with it .

Things seemed a lot simpler when I was growing up in the 70's .

Looking forward to spending some quality time with my grandson when this pandemic is finally over .

He's toddling nar and full of it and my step daughter gives birth to a little lass in August so we've lots to look forrad to over the next few years and beyond .

That's where our focus is mi owd .

B@llax to this crazy world , nowt we can do Roma other than enjoy what we've got around us .

Problem is filling the hole football would leave.

I switch off from it all too. It's gone barmy and as tha sez Roma, tha'll not be able to seh owt wi art offending someone in the snowflake society that we live in the way things are guin.

The football, I've had a distaste now for a few years. Far too much money involved,
    its immoral.

On a more positive note, a will say that this Euros tournament has restored my faith a wee bit. The referees have been very good in letting play go and the VAR hasn't been as prominent as I thought it would. Therefore there's been a big reduction in cheating imo. It's still shyte but it's changed for the better thanks to the referees.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Problem is filling the hole football would leave.
    That sounds unhealthy pal

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    That sounds unhealthy pal
    ooo er mississ