+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Being a Miller Supporter Over 60 Years

1958 my first game with my dad.Never regretted it.I will always be a Miller.

I'm 1959 vintage like several others. Can't remember the game. Loved Pete Madden and Roy Ironside. At that time we were league 2 (Chumpship equivalent) stalwarts.

Used to hang out with Les Payne and others at the back of the railway end.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    I'm 1959 vintage like several others. Can't remember the game. Loved Pete Madden and Roy Ironside. At that time we were league 2 (Chumpship equivalent) stalwarts.

Used to hang out with Les Payne and others at the back of the railway end.
    Did tha play footy wi owt wi could find on that 5-a-side shale pitch where new gym was built giddypant?

Happy birthday to Archie, Ericslad, belatedly to CASPER and more belatedly to CT.

MM must have one of the oldest demographics of any message boards, it's like a virtual Golden Girls or Last of the Summer Wine (Whine) on here. Is anybody still in gainful employment? At just 60 I feel like a spring chicken, not sure what my first game was but the first one I remember was Jim Furnell's Millmoor debut. Sad to see that the last 2 on the TRIBUTE- Once a Miller thread only made it to 59 so counting our blessings every day.

I remember going to watch the Millers at Huddersfield when a young un, with my mate. We were early took a ball with us, having a kick about in the car park, who came along was Tom Johnston Huddersfield Town manager, ex Millers manager, & he had a kick about with us.

Must admit I had to disguise the thread to wish Archiemiller happy birthday. 🤭🤭😃

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Happy birthday to Archie, Ericslad, belatedly to CASPER and more belatedly to CT.

MM must have one of the oldest demographics of any message boards, it's like a virtual Golden Girls or Last of the Summer Wine (Whine) on here. Is anybody still in gainful employment? At just 60 I feel like a spring chicken, not sure what my first game was but the first one I remember was Jim Furnell's Millmoor debut. Sad to see that the last 2 on the TRIBUTE- Once a Miller thread only made it to 59 so counting our blessings every day.
    Thanks, CAM. While I’m in the 60 years plus club (1960 v Cardiff City), I have nowhere near the standing of most of the other septuagenarians on here in terms of matches watched.

Still, it’s a great group to be part of whatever your age or pedigree!

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Just reading "Brecks" book i had bought for my birthday....tell yer what lads i could write one a foot thick about followng RUFC for 60+ yrs. LOL

You're wrong Archie, you could write a book two foot thick and dedicate two chapters to our kid...... Parkgatewelfare......Happy days...

Received a birthday card from King Ronnie quite a while ago, top bloke and a great ambassador for the club....

Brecks the same and his book is a great read with proceeds to a great cause....

UP THE MILLERS..

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Must admit I had to disguise the thread to wish Archiemiller happy birthday. ������
    Waited in "Terrace" all afternoon for thee Ericslad, had to get pi**ed alone.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

What does DEMOGRAPHICS mean Cam? ...dont forget i only went to "orf rooad" 62-66

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast