+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby's Final Sanction Issued - Sort Of

Derby's Final Sanction Issued - Sort Of

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...ed-efl-5567222

Here's the Derby Telegraph news item, which doesn't include a comment made on BBC that the penalty for appealling the £100,000 fine and losing would be a two point deduction and therefore relegation.

Also clearly not the end of the matter if further recasting of various years' accounts is required

I'll sum up the danger here in three words, having been alerted to this by a family member who supports ateam in another league

'Remember Glasgow Rangers'

Season starts August 7th.

We don't have to submit the revised accounts until the 18th.

Then they have to dissect them before coming to the decision we all expect, namely, we have exceede FFP. They then need to arrange a tribunal, have the tribunal, wait for the result, we might appeal.........

....... Timewise there is no way we'll get a 20/21 points deduction, surely. The process could go on till Christmas. Send us down and have us and Wycombe swap places and then have to play 46 games between Christmas and May?

Oh the club got that right, They are determined to get you if they can.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/06/...24th-june-2021

Even if the EFL appeals, their track record is that the appeal wouldn't be heard until after the new season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Even if the EFL appeals, their track record is that the appeal wouldn't be heard until after the new season starts.
    ...or even finishes!

Just watch them suddenly develop an efficient streak! Owt to f**k up Mel and Derby!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Just watch them suddenly develop an efficient streak! Owt to f**k up Mel and Derby!!
    They’re certainly doing that, mac. Derby Telegraph/Daily Tripe today suggesting Rooney thinking of walking and Wycombe considering suing us.
    Brilliant! Heads should roll...but I’m not sure who’s.

And they call it football......!!!
    Litigation here, litigation there, god and I thought the school playground was bad! You're not playing, it's my ball!!
    I think I'll stick to golf for a few months until all the toys are back in the prams!

MM, doesn't come out well in this.

https://www.facebook.com/talkSPORT/v...06681732732268

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    They’re certainly doing that, mac. Derby Telegraph/Daily Tripe today suggesting Rooney thinking of walking and Wycombe considering suing us.
    Brilliant! Heads should roll...but I’m not sure who’s.
    Yeah its brilliant, I'm almost hoping we do go down and he goes. Lets face it he only kept Derby up due to the Owls 6pt deduction, without that we would have been dead and buried, so frankly League 1 is where he should be managing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)