+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro Prediction League - Knockout Stage

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Italy Austria game was entertaining. Thought Austria might sneak away with the big in when Italy could not take advantage of all that possession in the first half. Great goal by Chiesa. Great goal by Austria to get back within one.
    As you say, great game to watch. What is notable in the better games is that the mid field players when receiving the ball have the first instinct to go forward and not square or backward. Unlike England and a number of other mediocre teams. It is a fault Wolves had all last season also.

Another good game, Nederlands/Czech republic. Wrong score for me though, not doing too well in the last 16 prediction round, one out of three so far.

Memphis Depay, so overrated, not going to do well at Barcelona I think.

The last two knockout games have been epic, Croatia's amazing come back against Spain only to lose it again in extra time. The Switzerland France game would have been a worthy final... quality football and goals, Benzema's first touch for his first goal was just sublime.

I would think that some of the really top punters, those that back in thousands, will have had their fingers burnt with the France result. I can also imagine that some would have lumped on at very short odds when Spain were leading 3-1, and spent the remainder sweating. These betting odds usually end at 90 minutes.

Absolutely some great games over the last couple of days, good to see two of my least favorite teams, France and Portugal, go out. Especially Portugal, sly, diving, cheating, face clutching, arm waving, gesticulating gits! Good riddance.

Although I think they are terrible, if England get past Germany today I believe they have a good a chance as anybody of winning it. Stranger things [Greece] have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Absolutely some great games over the last couple of days, good to see two of my least favorite teams, France and Portugal, go out. Especially Portugal, sly, diving, cheating, face clutching, arm waving, gesticulating gits! Good riddance.

Although I think they are terrible, if England get past Germany today I believe they have a good a chance as anybody of winning it. Stranger things [Greece] have happened.
    Just seen the England line up. Dear oh dear!!

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    I would think that some of the really top punters, those that back in thousands, will have had their fingers burnt with the France result. I can also imagine that some would have lumped on at very short odds when Spain were leading 3-1, and spent the remainder sweating. These betting odds usually end at 90 minutes.
    I don't know what odds you can get on England winning the whole thing but it would be a decent bet, crap as they are they could squeak this!

Woody at the very start of the tournament England were about 6/1 but after the first game they went out to 7/1. After last evenings victory against Germany they are now the 9/4 favourite. Spain are second in the betting at 100/30

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Woody at the very start of the tournament England were about 6/1 but after the first game they went out to 7/1. After last evenings victory against Germany they are now the 9/4 favourite. Spain are second in the betting at 100/30
    Crazy! That was the worst German team in terms of commitment and tactical "nouse" I have ever seen.

That was a phenomenal set of games for the round of 16. Now onto the quarterfinals

Remember to predict the score at full time. Extra time does not count.

Switzerland 1-1 Spain
    Belgium 1-3 Italy
    Czech Republic 2-2 Denmark
    Ukraine 0-2 England

1) wolfiebill - 27
    2) WOODLANDSWOLF - 26
    2) MichiganWolf - 26
    4) abbobrom - 24
    5) nortonwolf - 22

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)