+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Euro Prediction League - Knockout Stage

Onto the Finals
    Italy 1-1 England

1) MichiganWolf - 34
    2) WOODLANDSWOLF - 33
    3) nortonwolf - 29
    4) wolfiebill - 27
    5) abbobrom - 25

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Onto the Finals
    Italy 1-1 England

1) MichiganWolf - 34
    2) WOODLANDSWOLF - 33
    3) nortonwolf - 29
    4) wolfiebill - 27
    5) abbobrom - 25
    Tight finish eh! I fancied the score that you have posted but to make a game of it will have to go with an alternative.

2-2 and let's hope for a good game.

England 1 Italy 1

Terrible scenes in Leicester square in London. Hundreds of drunken beer swilling English Yobs. A great advert for England and it's people.

Yesterday afternoon, crowds lined the roads from St Georges Park as the Team Coach left to make it's way through Draycott in the Clay to the A50 and the M1. They had a real good send off.

Congratulations Mitch on claiming the trophy and of course completing a famous double!!

No surprise that England lost to the first decent team they played. Lousy tactics[was there any plan?] and pathetically thought out substitutions leaving Rashford and Sanchez out to dry for the penalty kicks after only 2 mins on the field. And Henderson, why?

Actually I stopped watching after 70 mins, sick of the sight of Kane and our anti racism poster boy throwing themselves around like a pair of sugarplum fairies. A-holes.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Congratulations Mitch on claiming the trophy and of course completing a famous double!!

No surprise that England lost to the first decent team they played. Lousy tactics[was there any plan?] and pathetically thought out substitutions leaving Rashford and Sanchez out to dry for the penalty kicks after only 2 mins on the field. And Henderson, why?

Actually I stopped watching after 70 mins, sick of the sight of Kane and our anti racism poster boy throwing themselves around like a pair of sugarplum fairies. A-holes.
    Really don’t understand Southgate’s strategy. Got wide early on, as Italy’s wingbacks left their areas open. It’s how England scored early and they looked the better team for the first 20 minutes.

After that, they barely did anything at all. I know pragmatism is often the best strategy in international tournaments but England have talent up and down the roster. Not like England is Greece or Norway in terms of talent and depth.

Bringing on two players to take penalties and not giving them 5-10 minutes to get their feet wet was a massive failure. I think Ronaldo and Messi would struggle to take a penalty in those circumstances. Feel for the ****ager Saka. Hope he is able to move past it. Bright future for him

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Really don’t understand Southgate’s strategy. Got wide early on, as Italy’s wingbacks left their areas open. It’s how England scored early and they looked the better team for the first 20 minutes.

After that, they barely did anything at all. I know pragmatism is often the best strategy in international tournaments but England have talent up and down the roster. Not like England is Greece or Norway in terms of talent and depth.

Bringing on two players to take penalties and not giving them 5-10 minutes to get their feet wet was a massive failure. I think Ronaldo and Messi would struggle to take a penalty in those circumstances. Feel for the ****ager Saka. Hope he is able to move past it. Bright future for him
    That’s about right Mich, I’d only add that at half time Mancini changed things and Italy got better… the changes Southgate made were too little too late, he seems as rigid in his approach as Nuno.

Moving forward we do seem to have a good unified squad, let’s just hope the style of football can improve.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)